I’ll take “why college football is doomed” for 500, Alex

Viewing 8 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

What happened to the car ASU bought him when he was a senior in high school?

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

Not a good look especially under an active investigation.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

A guy got rewarded for being good at something, good for him

UrbanLiar
        Ute Fan
        @urbanliar

Probably charged it to his mom’s credit card…

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

One aspect that I want to bring up are the steps the NFL, NBA and other professional leagues do to keep these young kids in line when they have ridiculous amount of money. Colleges are really not ready for this.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

If you eliminate controls, what could go wrong?  Did all the players get a car or something?  Will some that didn’t have no problem?  Is there a limit for one athlete?  Will this get us down to a handful of tier 1 teams?

At one time all the athletes very nearly got the same benefit.  May no longer be the case.

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

I know there are a lot of fans backing NIL, but I really do believe this will destroy college sports within 5 years. I’m sad to say that even if it doesn’t destroy the organization itself I think these changes will be too much for many fans to continue to support. I know I’m not liking this flaunting that we’re now seeing.

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

If someone thinks giving a croc-wearing young man a Mustang will help them sell more cars; so be it. 

I am not a fan of the flaunting either, but I bet most of us would be upset if we had obvious money making abilities that were being unfairly limited.

I don’t think this will be the end of college athletics. I think we are just at the start of an adjustment period and things will calm down.

Then again, I could be wrong and this may be the end as we know it; which will make me sad.

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

It won’t be the end technically, but it won’t be the same. It didn’t take long for the SEC to make a huge power move after NIL and the Supreme Court ruling. The canyon between the haves and the have not will get bigger. My guess is, when conference realignment is done, there will be two conferences of 16 teams each. The rest will be left to do what they want and a lot of them will drop football altogether.

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

College football will now become the Triple A (baseball) to football

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I worry about some of the damage this may cause to the players themselves. Will be interesting (and hopefully not sad) to see how it plays out. 

Duhwayne
        Ute Fan
        @duhwayne

Tony I think you’re right. The corruption will flow all the way down to paying your way onto the right youth teams. Anyone had a kid play AAU ball? Youth coaches, uncles, the local “youth leader” will suddenly be king makers and agents so they are on the take from parents as well as the schools. Will Ruffy’s head end up in that five star’s bed when the offer is one he can’t refuse? Honestly, how well do you expect a struggling family with a freak fourteen year old is going to handle the unholy pressure and handshake deals that shifty people will be offering them? Ask TLC how they released an album that went platinum several times and they went bankrupt seven months later. Thus is going to get ugly. If I am the NFL I would make a farm system like the UK club system and take teenagers directly through tryouts.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’ll take “why college football is doomed” for 500, Alex