I’m a little surprised the WSU-Utah game is a pick em’

Viewing 1 reply thread
      1 3

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

I expected WSU to be a 7-14 point favorite. I also think Washington being an 18 point favorite vs BYU is high. I guess that’s why I don’t gamble.

AlohaUte
      Ute Fan
      @alohaute

It’s frustrating so many fans on here can’t see the forest for the trees. It’s all doom and gloom. It’s as if everyone thinks that offense is everything. It’s crazy. Yes, our offense sucks. It’s extremely frustrating. But we are leading the nation (or near to it) in Defense and we still have the nation’s best special teams, despite some fluky plays in the first two games.

This game should be a pick ’em and we still have a great shot to win the South.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Offense isn’t everything, but it is a major part

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

Very true!

Charlie Foxtrot
        Ute Fan
        @charliefoxtrot

I don’t know that it’s doom and gloom, but after three games I have absolutely zero expectations that the offense will be consistent enough to score at a level that we will need to win games.  I hope more than anything that I am wrong, and I really hope that Troy Taylor and the offense prove me wrong game after game for the rest of the season.

It’s just sooooo frustrating watching the offense shoot themselves in the foot game after game year after year.  False starts in the red zone, holding in pass protection on a big gain, taking a sack instead of throwing the ball out of bounds, throwing into double coverage, failing to convert on 4th and short or 4th and goal etc.  It just seems like the defense is able to make corrections and adjustments both during the game and as the season goes on.  The offense on the ohter hand never seems to get over the hump and struggles with inconsistentcy throughout the season.  I expected in the second year of having the same offensive coordinator that the offense would be able to take a step forward.  At this point it looks to have taken multiple steps backward.

Again, I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong and I’d gladly eat dry nasty crow at the end of every victory (and even loss) if the offense could just be consistent and competative like the defense is.

User Suspended
          @a2ute

totally agree with you.

I think most on this site think I want kwhitt gone no matter what.  The truth is that if Utah had even a somewhat average offense I’d stand behind the coach. You just can’t win without a somewhat reliable offense it just isn’t going to happen.

I’m more than happy to eat crow… but I’ve been asking to eat crows for many, many years    

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

I agree is wildly frustrating. I can’t stand our yet again mediocre offense. But the season is not lost and we are not the worst. We still have talent, the defense, and the special teams to win the South and make the P-12 championship game.

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m a little surprised the WSU-Utah game is a pick em’