I’m glad Zach Wilson is not a Ute

Viewing 4 reply threads
      17 1

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

He seems like a good kid and a decent QB, but his mom is a different story. She spends way too much time on social media lecturing everyone.  This weekend she attacked Cougar fans for being too negative.  Cougar fans suggest the reason she does this is because she was a Ute fan for many years and that’s the way Utes are. We don’t want a mama bear like that.  I’m glad she is now a Cougar fan. 

4 5

BigSmallUtesFan
      Ute Fan
      @bigsmallutesfan

Either way though he would be a good player for the program, especially under Whitt

1 1

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Watch that portal.

3 1

EastCoastUte
          Ute Fan
          @eastcoastute

there is no way Zach starting position at BYU will transfer.

Italy88
        Ute Fan
        @itacoatiara22

I disagree…he’s not better than Shelly or Huntley. I mean, I guess he could be a third string safety. For the hype he has received, he is an extremely mediocre player.

gUrthBrooks
          Ute Fan
          @hammer

At 6’3” I think he’d be in the 2 deep at safety real soon.

AlohaUte
          Ute Fan
          @alohaute

He’s better than Shelley. Not better than Huntley.

Italy88
            Ute Fan
            @itacoatiara22

LOL….thats hilarious!

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I agree that Zach has potential.  But, there is no way he would be starting in place of TH.  I wouldn’t mind having the kid on our team.  However, I would not want what his mother brings.  A parent like that hurts the team and isn’t worth it IMO.  Hopefully, for Zach and her other children, she learns to stay away from social media.  A parent should not get actively involved in her children’s college sports participation IMO.

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

You gotta love the Draper Mom’s.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

Contrast that with Solomon Enis’ mother.  She always just chering on her boy and being his fan, but never judemental or critical of others.  Same with Snoops for that matter.  Great examples for us all!

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

this goes back to the helicopter sports parent discussion again.

If I was a parent of a high profile college athlete, I’d have to distance myself completely from social media. It would be too easy to get mixed up in all that and inevitably I’d end up attacking those who were critical of my child (like Lisa does). One Ute family that does extremely well with it on twitter is Solomon Enis’s family. They are always so positive, on twitter.

Charlie
        Ute Fan
        @charlie

Brighton High School a couple years ago comes to mind when thinking what can go wrong when helicopter parents get involved with football.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m glad Zach Wilson is not a Ute