I’m pleased with the Holiday Bowl, BUT

Viewing 2 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Outside the top 4, the selection process is horribly flawed.  A four loss Texas team gets a NY6 bid over a 2 loss WSU team.  It’s not right.  Also, the SEC got four of the 12 bids including two three loss teams.  

I understand that the PAC12 needs to pick things up and quickly.  But, WSU had a great season.  They deserved better than this.

It’s all about the money and not who derserves to be there.  Texas will tracel well and so will Florida and LSU.  So they get bids and WSU which comes from a small town in Eastern Washinton gets screwed because the perception that they will not bring the fans and the viewers.  IMO the process shouldn’t be all about the money.  There will be a day when we also get screwed because we are not a traditional powerhouse team like a Texas or LSU.

Also, USU had a great season and got screwed.  They got the worst possible bowl.  I feel bad for them.

I am happy fop our Utes.  It’s just sad that it took us 40 years to get our first Holiday Bowl bid.

Go Utes!!!

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

There are no good bowl tie ins out west. Maybe the PAC-12 needs to get Vegas to up their game then get added as another NY6 game. Then, we’d have more guaranteed slots and the Fiesta Bowl can go f**k themselves. 

AND QUIT ROOTING FOR G5 TEAMS. 

It’s not Texas that kept us out. It’s the Fiesta Bowl and UCF. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Rooting for whatever you want has zero outcome on the game. I want to drop TDS and schedule UCF instead next year.  Even for an opener in 2019 I think Utah smashes them. 

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Mentioned elsewhere, but as Oklahoma made the playoffs, the Sugar Bowl was obligated to take the next best Big12 team.

Matthew Thomas Castleton
        Ute Fan
        @mcastleton928

It’s because the current Sugar Bowl is the SEC/Big 12 equivalent of the Rose Bowl. It’s a contract bowl now. The SEC and Big 12 signed a deal for their conference champions to appear in that bowl unless they’re in the College Football Playoffs. If they are, the Sugar Bowl selects the highest ranked team from either conference as a replacement. It’s the same with the Rose Bowl. That’s why Texas and Georgia are in that game: because they were the two highest ranked teams in the SEC and Big 12 after both conferences lost their champions to said CFP’s (Alabama and Oklahoma).

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m pleased with the Holiday Bowl, BUT