I’m sure ONLYU is on vacation

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

But maybe he can grace us with his insight or if anyone knows the status of Darren Jones and/or Lacolby Tucker. Just want to know it is at all realistic that we see either of these guys this year. 

UteThunder
      Ute Fan
      @utethunder

Based on our history with late qualifiers/transfers, I’m guessing neither one will be with the team this Fall.

32utahutes
      @32utahutes

Darren Jones isn’t going to make it. Will probably go Junior College and hopefully Utah will get back with him at that point. Lacolby Tucker is confident that he will make, but we will see.

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

It’s a tough call right now. Most of the kids in these spots are overly optimistic and are afraid to give completely truthful information because of the pressure they’re under from parents, coaches, friends etc. No new update today. Still a couple months left in the academic calendar but if they’re not cleared at this point there is obvious risk in them not showing up. About half of the academic risk kids make it. Wait and see is all anyone except the kid can do.

What I’ve always found interesting is that in most cases the pressure of the extra school work becomes too much and they give in knowing they have a JC option. Not that they don’t have a work ethic it just mentally wears them out and they give up. They’d do gassers all day if they could but just can’t seem to translate that effort to the school work necessary. It’s weird.

Utesbyfive
        Ute Fan
        @utesbyfive

TBH, when you’re a gifted athlete, the athletic stuff is easy.

The bottom line is, the ease in which they do that stuff, does not translate to the classroom. Learning and testing, and writing papers is just as hard for some, as running a 5.0 forty would be for me. 😉

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football I’m sure ONLYU is on vacation