In game coaching and team leadership is elite at Utah. Utah is flat out mean.

Viewing 5 reply threads

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

The non-verbal messaging from Rising vs Williams on the field was telling. Players watch their QB, how he acts, what he says, how he responds to adversity. The leaderhip commitment to his pack could not be any more opposite than what we saw on the field Friday as the game went on. If you get a chance, watch the game again and see how each QB responded to adversity, connected with their team during the ups and downs of the game. Both teams saw a QB moping on the bench as times got tough with a poor me attitude while the other QB in the trenches fighting with his Dawgs. Not buying the injury excuse. Utah was beat up in key positions, in some cases worse and made no excuses. Not questioning CW’s injury, hammy’s suck, but, there was a lot more injured than his hammy. Good learning experience for CW, he needs some sensible people in is camp to set him straight. Unfortunatly, I don’t think his coach is that person. 

Rising gets lit up, smiles, reluctantly runs off the field comes back in and his team takes it personal. USC starting in the 2nd quarter completely got mentally and physically taken to the woodshed and they slowly broke down by Utah’s relentless will and physicality. As Herbstreit said in the last CCG against UO, “if UO (insert USC) thinks Utah is going to feel sorry for them it’s only going to get worse”. The sideline reporter in the USC game said, in so many words, USC players are beat up on the sidelines.

Next man up on offense (defense is another post):

Benard should get half of Rising’s MVP trophy: Rushing:11 carries for 88 yards. Receiving: 5 catches for 41 yards. Parks, Dixon, Yasmin combined for 11/224 receiving. Kincaid did more by just being on the field. Dudes a first or second round draft pick, no question. First guy down the field congratulaiting Parks, Yamin, and Bernard on the TDs.

My favorite Ute, who will be missed next season is Solo. Kid is a high charactor role model, kids going places. Hope he stats connected to the program like Sly, Mitchell, Wynn, Weddle, and others. Great season!

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Good learning experience for CW, he needs some sensible people in is camp to set him straight. Unfortunately, I don’t think his coach is that person.

Riley has made his career raiding other college teams for elite QBs. He stole Kylar Murray from Texas A&M, Baker Mayfield from Texas Tech, and now Caleb Williams from Oklahoma. If Rising had a couple of years left of eligibility, he’d probably try to take him too.

AlaskanUte
      Ute Fan
      @kenaiute

The best observation of Utah’s tenacity and mind set came from one of the guys on PAC12 After Dark on Saturday night when he said (paraphrasing) “Utah is like a biker gang, they come in tear up the place and then leave”

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Yeah I love it when teams like USC can use injuries as an excuse.
      The cupboard is completely empty. Utah has lost to many back ups from USC in the past.
      That game was all about coaching. LR isn’t even fit to touch Whitts sleeve when it comes to coaching.
      Roles reversed I am convinced Whitt would pull CW and put in someone else. CW was defenseless out there. It was shameful. It is disrespect to the game and disgusting.

I really think Utah is in trouble if they go to a backup. Which speaking of backup who would want to play behind CW next season?

The Miami Ute
      Ute Fan
      @themiamiute

Which speaking of backup who would want to play behind CW next season?

The same guy that was the backup this season, Miller Moss: https://usctrojans.com/sports/football/roster/miller-moss/13002

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Moss should leave. Has he even taken a snap? Due to USC defense he never got a shot I think.

prestitute
      Ute Fan
      @prestitute

I think JJ needs some special mention. He epitomizes Utah’s ethic. You plug in and give your all, and great things happen, even if it wasn’t what he initially wanted. JJ could become an ELITE RB as well. I would not have predicted that when he transferred over. And all the dude has ever done publicly is be a great teammate and honor the legacy of the two good friends he lost. I love what JJ is becoming. Cam is my favorite Ute of all time now, but JJ is quickly climbing!

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football In game coaching and team leadership is elite at Utah. Utah is flat out mean.