In post game – Whitt says the stats don’t tell the story of our offense because

Viewing 5 reply threads
      5 2

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

the penalties cost us a lot of yards. 

What a cop out. Of course the penalties cost us, but last I checked penalties are still part of the game.  He didn’t complain about the calls, just that penalties cost us yards. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

They cost yards, and a winning touchdown. 

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

The block in the back on Covey’s return and the holding on Huntley’s 4th down pass were questionable. But I don’t think this game came down to officiating. 

It’s pretty evident that Huntley cannot throw well. He doesn’t get the benefit of the doubt of drops like he did last week. I am not unopposed to a QB competition. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

Correct. The game did NOT come down to officiating. If we scored when we had the ball in good field position in the 2nd half the game is over. 

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

I agree both those calls were quite ticky tack, especially the hold.  We had many other opportunities to win though and we didn’t take advantage when the D stopped their 0 2-3 drives in a row.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

KW is extremely intelligent in how he responds in post game interviews crafting words pointing towards circumstances of the game impacting results. Takes mild accountability then points to penalties, missed plays as the cause. IMO, KW once again gets out coached in the 2nd half. KW is a very average high paid D1 football head coach.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Leki Fotu plays the first half they have a better pass rush in the first according to 700. I missed most of the game with broken radio contact above Heber. Fotu suspension is the only excuse I can Utah for that game.  

The final two offensive series was typical Whittingham Football at a critical point in the game. Shelly and Tuttle must really suck if Huntley is getting the reps. 

Grimmetal
      Ute Fan
      @grimmetal

Why does every conference game have to come down to ‘one or two plays’, ‘one or two drops’, ‘one or two penalties’?

It doesn’t have to be like that. It’s okay to win by more than one score, Whitt. You’ll still sleep at night.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football In post game – Whitt says the stats don’t tell the story of our offense because