In the lane and life, Lorenzo Bonam, proving unstoppable

Viewing 2 reply threads

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Awesome backstory to Lorenzo Bonam and how he arrived at Utah. Had no idea of his struggles. Reading this has made me a much bigger fan of Lorenzo.

SLTrib – Utes Basketball

The Utes, who had recruited him since his Robichaud days, stood out for their level of academic support. He felt like the hands-on help would be critical to finishing a degree.

Stressing Academics & support, this isn’t the first time I’ve heard someone say this about Utah. Really glad the Athletics program is able to give some kids a second chance while still stressing academics.

While Inkster shows Bonam love, he maintains a complicated relationship with his hometown. He hasn’t been back to Michigan in a year and a half. When the holidays came around, he opted to spend it with Jordan Loveridge’s family (who was happy to entertain him). Utah seems to be his home now — a sentiment illustrated when Bonam ordered a custom-made shirt with a picture of the team plastered across the back.

Another reason I’ll always be a fan of Jordan Loveridge and his family.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Thanks for sharing this.

Bonham can hog the ball a bit too much, but he’s a great offensive threat to drive unlike anyone else on the team.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I never read the tribune unless someone recommends a good Utah article.  I just hate local media that much.

Great article thanks.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) In the lane and life, Lorenzo Bonam, proving unstoppable