Interesting read…

Viewing 10 reply threads

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

“So you’re telling me there’s a chance?” ~zoob nation getting into the Pac-12

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football/2017/12/11/16741832/usc-pac-12-conference-realignment-lol
      Thoughts Ute fans?

SalUteopia
      Ute Fan
      @saluteopia

null

SalUteopia
        Ute Fan
        @saluteopia

How do I submit a gif through my phone?

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

If you are talking about the app, same way as from the website with a computer. You have to post the URL of the image into the field that pops up after clicking the img button.

SalUteopia
            Ute Fan
            @saluteopia

Thanks for your help, Tony. I tried it again from my desktop, but clearly I am missing something.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

If the rest of the PAC refuses to schedule them, it will go as well as BYU.

It’s a lot more likely that they would try to go with the four CA schools, UT and OU. Maybe add the top tv schools from BIG, ACC and make a superconference with top SEC schools and the best of what’s left including Notre Dame. UW and Oregon?

A two conference league of 24 or 32 could be really formidable.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

Dude pretty much answered his own question.  USC going independent would be incredibly stupid.  The notion that independence contains greener pastures has been proven false since the last major wave of expansion in 2011.

Using byu as a barometer for a school like USC is a bad comparison.  Half of byu’s fanbase wishes they’d ditch independence to get back into a conference.  Navy ditched independence to join the AAC.  Even Notre Dame, often thought to be the shining example of independence, is pretty much a de facto member of the ACC in football with all their other sports being in that conference.  If independence did what this writer thinks it could do then Texas would have left the Big 12 high and dry years ago, but it was were able to leverage more TV money for itself and the conference by keeping the Big 12 together.

The better answer to this writer’s questions lie in the Pac-12’s terrible TV deal.  If the conference worked out a better TV deal and upped the distribution per school then USC’s fans would be plenty happy right where they’re at.  I get that SC is a big name school.  It is laughable that the bottom half of P5 schools make more money off TV deals than SC does, but the way the college athletic landscape is currently situated not being in a conference (or at least affiliated with a conference like ND football) is like being left out in the cold.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

This guy is an idiot. Let’s break this down:

1 – The scheduling is USC’s fault. They are one of the California schools that HAS to play Cal and Stanford every year, thus forcing the 9 game conference schedule on us. If the California schools didn’t have to play each other, we could drop down to 8 games, and USC would have a better record. Also, no one is forcing USC to play Notre Dame every year. That’s great that you want to, but you are placing the rivalry over national championships. If USC plays SJSU instead this year, they are in the playoffs. 

2 – The money. Well…get used to it. This isn’t the south or the midwest, where, let’s be frank, life sucks. There is a reason why football is so big down there and people are so miserable there. There is also a reason why people in the Northeast and out West don’t watch as much football…life is better. The money will NEVER be the same for a California school as an Ohio State or Florida. It is what it is. 

3 – He says Notre Dame doesn’t have any trouble scheduling as an Indy. He’s a moron. And I like him. But on this issue, he’s a moron. Notre Dame just joined the ACC because they had too many problems with the schedule. Notre Dame knows what BYU is learning and USC would find out: As in Independent, your schedule is TOO FREAKING HARD. Why do you think Notre Dame has suddenly had a resurgence since joining the ACC? Because they can beat up on the bottom of the ACC. USC NEEDS OSU and WSU for the wins. 

4 – Why would PAC-12 teams NEED to schedule USC? They could still play UCLA. Last I checked, they were in LA. And as far as the PAC-12 needing USC? Yeah, USC leaving would hurt, but the PAC-12 would be fine. Especially if Washington or UCLA could win a national championship.  USC would be forgotten quickly. And it would be easy to add a 12th team. Hell, if USC left and the PAC-12 added Texas and Oklahoma, the PAC-12 would be in a better spot than they are right now. 

5 – Finally, why would the college football playoff give USC a spot in the playoff? There is ZERO motivation for a guaranteed spot. None of the other conferences would want them to get an exception ala Notre Dame, because they wouldn’t want one of their teams to bolt. Or give up any money to USC. 

This is just a dumb article written to get clicks from Utah and BYU fans…and it worked. 

4 1

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Just rewrite the article as why Larry Scott needs to be fired immediately…

OldAsDirtUte
      Ute Fan
      @oldasdirtute

before ya get too excited about this, consider where this article came from

one paragraph starts out… “

1. Could USC assemble a workable schedule as an independent? Almost assuredly

BYU can…”

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

Premise that BYU has made Independence work for scheduling is patently false.  USC fans would have a cow if they scheduled (and lost to) UMass at home.

Seems to me that Pac-12 is doing an awful job of marketing its network.  C’mon you have alumni of the best 12 schools in the the western US tuning in.  Has got to be a pretty valuable demographic for advertisers.  If ESPN/Disney continues to melt down maybe it will be good not to have that association.

2 1

Red Don
        Ute Fan
        @reddon

The lack of a contract with DirecTV has relegated the Pac-12 Network to a second-rate, afterthought network.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Which further hurts USC’s argument. Do you think we’d be in dISH if ND or Texas or Ohio St was in the conference? 

Yup. You switch out USC for Texas or Ohio State or Notre Dame and we are on DISH. 

USC is by FAR the best school in the PAC-12. But it ain’t that big. 

deleted
      Ute Fan
      @rolandovich

poof

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Viewing 10 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Interesting read…