Interesting to note the predict the score median/average and the real score

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Average: Utah 33.4 Arizona 23.1
      Median: Utah 33 Arizona 23.5.

The predictions for Arizona’s final score were nearly dead on, the median being .5 under the actual score.  The median was within 3 of Utah’s score.

What does this mean? Hopefully a 100% prediction against the spread so I can go to Vegas and have some fun?  LOL.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Sounds good but you need to get back on the sauce for a trip to Vegas. 😜

colbyutahman3
      Ute Fan
      @colbyutahman3

Guess who guessed the exact score? This guy! 

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

Crazy, right? This is well documented – “the wisdom of the crowds”. I’ve always thought it was a cool way to look at things. 

It’s like academia and test scores – they almost always follow a normal distribution. It just happens. 

As for Vegas – past success is not always indicative of future performance ;). 

What was the consensus on wins and losses this year based on the poll you created? Would be interesting to revist at seasons end. I bet it’s +/- 1 game. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

That poll was more of a “homer” result with 8-4 in first place, then 9-3, then 7-5. I should make a page that shows all the old polls for fun.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Ah, that makes sense. A poll page would be cool. As always, thanks again for making this place awesome, I’m sure it’s a fairly big time investment for you. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Understatement of the year LOL.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Interesting to note the predict the score median/average and the real score