iOS app 0.0.4 update

Viewing 4 reply threads

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

iOS version 0.0.3 of the Ute Hub app is still available in the App Store. Apple has rejected (getting tired of this) version 0.0.4 which fixes the login bug I had for new users. That version also has the new dynamic schedules.

So for now I have to do a daily pain in the ass database operation to fix the user tables in order for new (that day) users to login from the app.

The rejection also stipulated that I have to add the following in order to be approved:

– Require that users agree to terms (EULA) and these terms must make it clear that there is no tolerance for objectionable content or abusive users

– A method for filtering objectionable content

– A mechanism for users to flag objectionable content

– A mechanism for users to block abusive users

– The developer must act on objectionable content reports within 24 hours by removing the content and ejecting the user who provided the offending content

That’s going to take me a while, though some of the items I’m completely cool with.

Mr Chainsaw
      Ute Fan
      @mrchainsaw

Not sure if it is a known bug, but there is a bug with the reply feature on iOS with 0.0.3. 

Hit “reply” on a post

Start typing

Touch the text anywhere in the post (like if you want to move the cursor to insert a word in the middle of an existing sentence)

Try typing again. No input is recorded.  To edit the post you have to hit “Done” and then click on the text box again to bring up the keyboard. 

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

After bringing back the keyboard are you able to record input?  I’ll try that out on my non iOS device and see if it is the same there.  I do think I need to keep a listing somewhere of bugs and feature requests.

Mr Chainsaw
          Ute Fan
          @mrchainsaw

Yes.  Typing works again until you tap on the text box.

shakeitsugaree
            Ute Fan
            @shakeitsugaree

I find that the app freezes often when I am trying to post something. It is also difficult to determine the ‘flow’ of posts in a thread – meaning, I can’t tell who has said what to whom.

Thanks for your efforts, Tony.

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Look closely at the reply.  Right of the name it says “reply to xxxxx”.  That’s the current solution to see the number of the reply/topic the reply is replying to. You can see the post numbers in the upper right.  At the moment, there does not exist a threaded solution for the app similar to the one you see on the home page.  That’s on the roadmap.

Regarding freezing, what phone are you on and what happens when it “freezes?”

shakeitsugaree
                Ute Fan
                @shakeitsugaree

I don’t see the text “reply to xxx” anywhere on my screen (I’ll e-mail you a screen shot).

Regarding freezing: similar to @mrchainsaw, I have trouble toggling between the keyboard and the text box. If I try to switch back and forth too many times, the app freezes.

I am using an iPhone SE iOS 10.3.3

*EDIT* I am in the app and now I see the “reply to xxx” text; I do not see this when I visit utehub.com in Safari on my iPhone.

Tony (admin)
                  Admin/Founder
                  @admin

Great. That will help if I can see what you are referring to.

Tony (admin)
              Admin/Founder
              @admin

Ok when shakeitsugaree was saying the app was freezing, it was actually the main website in her phone’s browser, not the app… 

shakeitsugaree
                Ute Fan
                @shakeitsugaree

No, it was the app that was freezing

The problem with the thread string was on Safari.

Sorry if I was confusing

Tony (admin)
                  Admin/Founder
                  @admin

Oh. Boo. How old is an iPhone SE? 

shakeitsugaree
                    Ute Fan
                    @shakeitsugaree

I updated the OS about a week ago

Tony (admin)
                      Admin/Founder
                      @admin

Ok. Well it shouldn’t be a dog processor speed wise.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

I’m replying via the app. Some text. This text is inserted by finger tap. Some other text. This text is inserted by finger tap and pasted.

Tony (admin)
            Admin/Founder
            @admin

I’m on 0.0.4 on the non iOS version (can’t mention what it is because apple will reject the app sigh). So I wonder if the issue is iOS only. I’ll get my hands on an iOS device and try it.

Anyone have an iPhone 6 or better they want to “donate” to Ute hub for app testing? 🙂

shakeitsugaree
              Ute Fan
              @shakeitsugaree

OK, I can’t figure out how to attach my screen shot using the website e-mail – if you are interested in the confusion regarding thread flow on iOS Safari, e-mail me and we can arrange for you to get the screen shot.

More specific re:freezing – I can no longer scroll or type, and have to close the app with the home button and reopen it.

Tony (admin)
                Admin/Founder
                @admin

You have mail (spoken in the AOL voice).

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Based on my schedule now, the new changes may take 1-2 months.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Hey @mrchainsaw has the new version of the app 0.0.5 solved this for you?

Mr Chainsaw
        Ute Fan
        @mrchainsaw

Same problem still. If I click on the text edit widget I can’t type anymore until I hit done and select the widget again 🙁

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

S**t. It works on the bride’s iPhone 7 now. You did update, right?

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Oh and it’s working on bride’s iphone 7 with iOS 10.3.3. Do you know what version of the OS you are running? Also, she’s running a standard keyboard.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Ute Hub Site iOS app 0.0.4 update