Is anyone else a little nervous that we only beat BYU by 6?

Viewing 6 reply threads

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Yikes… they’re bad.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Not really. First real start for Huntley + away game + rivalry.

We did fine and mostly dominated the game. We just need to improve on punching it in for TDs instead of FGs.

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

I thought that too until I realized two touchdowns were taken from us by the refs.

That said, we have a lot of cleaning up to do. Redzone efficiency, penalties still an issue.

I think today will make us feel better. We’re a bowl team but not an NY6 team.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Hoge looks better than Mangum slightly but not much.  

Byu looks defeated to me Sitake will have to coach this team to win some other games this season.  

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

Add to that a new offensive system that is still settling in.  That game was a learning process for players and offensive coaches alike.

ladyinred
      Ute Fan
      @ladyinred

Even though I was p**sed they made the decision to go for it late in the game instead of kicking the FG, I never really doubted that Utah would win the game. They were just far and away the better team. As others said, rivalry weirdness + mistakes. 

I actually think that once this Utah team hits its stride, they could give a team like wisky a game. 

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

Not really. Yardage disparity was similar. We just played so sloppily. Fumbled handoff exchange that led to their points, and so many costly penalties. We didn’t dominate them like wisky did, but it could have very easily been a 3-4 score victory if we played a clean game. 

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums They So Poo Poo Is anyone else a little nervous that we only beat BYU by 6?