is Collette classified as a Walk-On?

Viewing 6 reply threads

HoosierinUt
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierinut

I realize USU denied his release which forced him to pay his own way, but I assumed that was just for a year? Is he a Walk-On with the Utes?

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Based on the number of blocked shots he made and had made on him, he is. Ducking now for cover.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

I do believe he was walkon last year, scholarship this year. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

Well then, we somewhat got our money’s worth out of him.

HoosierinUt
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierinut

i’d like him to stop flopping as much…and he could certainly use some more weight / muscle. But, he is pretty much always one of if not the first person sprinting down the court and for a big man he has really good hands. That’s impressive. Barefield (fast as well) and Collette have a good connection.

if he was a walk-on last year then we got a steal. He has to be a scholarship player this year (I hope).

Daedalus
        Ute Fan
        @daedalus

Yeah, I’m not entirely sure about the Collette hate.  When he wasn’t hampered by the concussion protocol, he actually had a good touch down low, and great full-court hustle for a big guy.

edit: admittedly very foul prone. These things tend to surface in the first year of a new program, hope the coaches work on that.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I don’t think so.  He already sat the year out before this year.

HoosierinUt
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierinut

Anyone know what coach K was talking about with collette trying to get an extra year? My understanding is that his first year at USU was his redshirt year….then a 2 year mission, then he played a full year at USU, then he transferred and sat out a year before playing at the U last year.

What qualifies him for an extra year? What’s the appeal?

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) is Collette classified as a Walk-On?