Is it bad that I was happy when I heard coach K was caught cheating?

Viewing 7 reply threads
      3 10

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

I was super bummed when I found out it wasn’t a very big deal at all. I was hoping it was just bad enough to get him canned but not bad enough to hurt the program long term. What a disappointment!

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

NCAA Sanctions

Here’s the link. Seems like a really dumb sanction and meaningless in the end. Unfortunately the only thing that people will see are the headlines that Utah is under stanctions and not the basis of the story which is so mild that I can’t believe it is even a rule. But hey, UofPay will probably never see sanctions.

1 9

chinngiskhaan
        Ute Fan
        @chinngiskhaan

someone already posted the link below I believe. I was just saying I was hoping it was just bad enough to get our coach fired. That would have been GLORIOUS.

PlainsUte
      Ute Fan
      @plainsute

NCAA sanctions rarely harm the perpetrator, just the team and his successor.  They take so long to settle its pretty much a moot point.   Kodiak’s hand is slapped and Sean Miller lives la dolce vida.

7 1

leftyjace
      Ute Fan
      @leftyjace

To answer your original question…

Yes, yes it is bad.

AllInUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @allinutefan

NCAA sanctions are the only way K can get fired without his contract being paid out.  I would have to assume that the level of sanctions to trigger the clause have to be higher than unauthorized pick up ball.  

dwainegf
      Ute Fan
      @dwainegf

Let’s get a reality check here. The NCAA rule book is like the BYU Honor Code. It has so many rules, some of which are of the WTF variety, that is is nearly impossible to not get caught doing something.
      I understand why people are disappointed in the teams performance of late. However if everyone was held to the standards set forth by some on this board and the repercussions were job loss, would anyone be employed? Just my $0.02.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

I was super bummed when I found out it wasn’t a very big deal at all. I was hoping it was just bad enough to get him canned but not bad enough to hurt the program long term. What a disappointment!

My response…  Yes because they aren’t buying him out and this stuff is a long way from firing offenses, particularly because it sounds like the compliance office was involved.  Get used to having him around.

WildUte
      Ute Fan
      @wildute

They still should fire him

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Is it bad that I was happy when I heard coach K was caught cheating?