Is it just me or….

Viewing 9 reply threads

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

Is this board a little sullen given the recruiting class we just out together?

I think we’ve priced together a holy sh** class and all this board seems to want to do is mope around.

I know some weird ish is going on but cheer up everybody!!!  I’d say the prognosis for our football program is like way way up!  

dudes like Costelli!  A prospect like Ethan freaking Calvert???  My goodness!  Ricky parks???

more dudes than ever that could be almost anywhere in the country amd they picked here!  So let’s perk up amd talk about how badass our football team is!!!

I’ll start.  This team is good enough in 2020 that a case could legit be made that it’s Covid’s fault we lost the division.  That’s pretty dope in a rebuilding year that is crazy like 2020.  Amd were like soooooo young.  Good times ahead!

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I agree. Good times ahead! I think a lot of us, including me, are melancholy that this short season is about over.

It’s gonna be a weird off-season, and hopefully a bright season in 2021. Let’s enjoy the game Saturday!

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

Agree, reset at Spring for next year. This botched P12 late season needs to end after Saturday. Utes have more layers of talent than ever before. Next few off season weeks will be interesting.

Will the Utes pick-up a QB off the portal?

Who else do the Utes pick up with remaining scholarhips?

Does KW make any coaching changes?

Do any more Utes hit the transfer portal?

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I am bummed we won’t see this team for awhile that is it. 2022 is where I am eyeballing things. Usc will be breaking in a new Head coach. Hopefully we get some good bounces. The defense is going to be lights out in 2022. All American linebackers, dline and secondary?   😱 

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Back to back blowout losses have a lasting effect…

Has Bam Olaseni even played since the UW game last season?

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

Yeah I think Bam has played in at least two games this season. Maybe even all 4.

Ute2
          Ute Fan
          @ute2

Oh nice.  In what capacity?  Oline?  Special teams?

did he look good?

Does anybody have a take on if he’s picking things up?  He’s got SO MUCH to gain from all this craziness.  Will he pan out into something special?

Central Coast Ute
            Ute Fan
            @flip2848

He played O line in the USC game and I think maybe Washington. He played about as well as the rest if the O line in those games.

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

I am hyped about the class, to the extent that I get hyped about a specific recruiting class. More importantly, I am happy with the recruiting trends over the last decade or so.
      This cfb season has left very little to be excited about in general and it’s coming to a close without ever seeming real to begin with, that is likely the cause of the general malaise. 

GO Utes! Beat the (P5) Cougs! 

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Hey!  I was pleased as hell with our recruiting class until I looked at the one Alabama brought in!  I’ll be ok…. 😉

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Meh. I feel like some of those kids get a rating bump because they decided on Alabama. If they had chosen to stay home and go to Florida, they wouldn’t be rated so high.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

I see a lot of commentary and excitement about our recruiting. I do also understand people’s cynicism. We were told our two QB’s this season were the super jam, and the reality was they weren’t, at least yet. All the pre-season hype….again.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

I agree but I think this should be discounted because our QB’s didn’t get a warm up game and went at USC and Washington out of the gates with patch work O-lines. It would have beeen nice to have a mid major warm up, like BYU or a mid level PAC 12 team. Our Two Losses come to the two teams who “Should” be playing in the PAC 12 championship game. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Agree. This board needs to consider the lilies of the goddamned field. The Ute defense is looking pretty damned good, 4th in the PAC 12 but arguably playing the top tier teams in the league in USC, WAsh, and Colorado.

This team has endured Covid, losing its starting QB, facing USC and Washington out of the gates, let’s not forget without a collapse against Washington we almost rolled them on their home field.

This team is young, the future is bright, every Ute fan should have a major boner over this recruiting class that addressed the most pressing needs with an A grade IMO. Top tier QB that has a cannon arm and runs a 4.40 at 6’3” 220 lbs, elite RB that fits the Zach Moss mold, and Utah landing the #4 or 5 player in all of California in Ethan Calvert is amazing.

Nobody has put more kids into the NFL in the PAC 12 in the last 6 years than Utah and the Ute coaching staff is starting to cash in on that selling point.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

the first couple of days after signing day is always a little deflating. the anticipation of “who’s coming” becomes “they’ve signed, now what?” typically, there is a bowl game to consider but for myself, and i assume most, the focus is more on christmas instead of anything football.

once i get past the holidays, then i start looking at who might still be available as a flip or transfer as well as looking towards spring ball.

but in a normal year, let alone one as mentally exhausting as 2020 has been, signing day is the trigger to take a nice long nap. give me two weeks and i’ll be right there with you on the hype train.

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I think with the advent of the transfer portal and how popular it is, it’s taken some of the shine off recruiting. I mean, can any fan of any school really get excited when realistically 25-50% of your recruiting class will end up transferring before it’s all said and done?

Frankly I get much more excited by transfer portal news (i.e. players coming in) than recruiting classes.

2008 National Champ
      Ute Fan
      @cptmrgn05

how do you miss the boat on someone you never offered?

seems more like they found a boat they liked better and stuck with it. put their junior tapes side-by-side and it’s no contest you take Costelli. Wish Dart the best, wish Zack Wilson the best, but you need to stop worrying about players who don’t come to Utah whether it’s their choice or the coaching staff’s.

And if you are only familiar with Dart and Fotu, are you really informed enough to decide already that mistakes were made? Especially when there is no guarantee that Dart would not have chosen SC anyway after all the pub he got this season.

Viewing 9 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is it just me or….