Is Pace Manyung around or do I have him on block? He was right about Bentley

Viewing 5 reply threads
      2 3

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Bentley is an enigma to me. He could make some really great throws at times. He found some wide open receivers a bunch of times but couldn’t hit them all of the time. In the past, I don’t recall our QB’s seeing receivers as open, but maybe that’s just my faulty memory. 

Anyway, I thought for sure that an experienced 3 year QB could come to Utah and run the no turnover offense that Kyle wants, and you know, not turn the ball over. I was wrong. Pace was right about Bentley. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

No.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

So Pace Manyung disappeared and Majerus’ Poop Towel account popped up? Interesting timing. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

Dealing with stuff like that is something I never considered when starting the board. 

9 1

gUrthBrooks
            Ute Fan
            @hammer

I’m currently serving a 100 year ban on cougarboard.com for creating multiple accounts with the same IP address and getting busted. Seriously, 100 year ban. 

UteBacker
            Ute Fan
            @utebacker

T- this is a private board which means you can do whatever the hell you want and I’m glad you seem to know that!  Good on ‘ya.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Actually was a good QB at times. Made some bad decisions at times that were game changers for the other team. The best part of the season was giving new guys reps and Lisk ending his career with victory. Very cool watching Lisk finish it out strong. 

I wish KW would stop with the mystery QB coach speak in the off season. Pick your guy and go with him. KWs not fooling anybody. Utah’s offense is what is, run the ball and hope the Oline can block enough to complete some passes. Utah’s offense has been good enough to beat the mid-level P12 teams with a solid run game and pass when you can, yet struggles with the athletic USC, UW, UO teams that give ZERO respect to Utahs pass game. They shut the run down and make Utah throw the ball to WRs that can’t get open. I hope this a focus in the off season. Clearly the run game is dialed in. Go Utes! Fun season ahead.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

I thought he made some excellent throws at times and ran the ball with toughness. I’ve heard rumors about a semi-injured hand that may have created grip strength issues. But to get pulled out and to see Lisk jump in and thrive casts doubt that a hand issue was the main problem. 

pedro
        Ute Fan
        @pedro

My only struggle with Bentley was his inability to hit wide open guys on a consistent basis.  Any QB can miss now and again, but he missed more than he hit.  6th graders can hit wide open guys more often.  Loved his tenacity and effort though.  Seriously impressed me in that area.  I just wonder if he ‘thought’ too much.

2008 National Champ
        Ute Fan
        @cptmrgn05

it’s tiring to hear that receivers can’t get open. it’s the same group that Huntley was able to have a career year throwing to.

the problem was that Bentley was incapable of looking past his first read before trying to scramble. if the first read was open, there was about a 50/50 chance the ball would be thrown to the same area code. maybe it was a color blindness issue as he was really good at hitting the other team in stride.

Stone
          Ute Fan
          @stone

I agree. He seemed to struggle getting beyond his first read. In his defense, that may have often been due to pressure from the defense, or PTSD from previous pressure from the defense. He ran with serious determination, and was definitely not sliding or afraid to take hits. It is tough to have a great offense though without being able to go through the routes (again, not necesarily his fault). There were many times a guy was open, but for whatever reason, the QB could not see it.

UtahUtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahutesrock

If you’re always going positive or negative, eventually you have to be right. 

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

Bentley is the same QB he was at SC. Really good in some games but leaving fans frustrated in others with poor play and decision making.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

Look forward not back. The QB situation has move way past this discussion.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is Pace Manyung around or do I have him on block? He was right about Bentley