Is Parker Van Dyke a ghost?

Viewing 5 reply threads

SigEpUte
      Ute Fan
      @sigepute

Why does PVD continue to get the playing minutes that he does?

Take a look at his stat line from last night

Utah vs Oregon Box Score

19 minutes played

0 point (0-4 FG)

0 assists

0 rebounds

1 steal

How does one play nearly an entire half of a game with literally zero impact on the game?

How do we get JoJo Zomora out of the witness protection program?  I card board cut out of Zomora could register a better statline than PVD.

cbmute
      Ute Fan
      @cbmute

How does one play nearly an entire half of a game with literally zero impact on the game?

I think you are overlooking his steal? He got a stat other than minutes played. Give the kid some credit.

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

the game prior he was 6 of 10 from the field with 16 points

AllInUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @allinutefan

I’ve been wondering the same thing.  He made a few shots against Washington after the game was decided, and one 3pt shot down the stretch vs. WSU (1-6 on wide-open 3s that game).  But nothing in his playing justifies his court time.  

It feels like Coach K is shaking things up in the guard line because he wants to change outcomes, but he doesn’t know which lever to pull.  Clealry PVD isn’t the answer.  

As to Jo Jo, not sure what’s needed there.  I wish he would shoot the ball more on the catch vs. pump fake and take two dribbles to nowhere.  

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

It comes down to matchups.

Anonymous
        Ute Fan
        @anonymous

Or lack of bench/options. 🙂

Minnesota Ute
          Ute Fan
          @minnesotaute

^^This^^  It’s just scary how thin we are, take Kuz out of the equation and we are literally unable to put 5 guys on the floor that could remotely compete with the Ducks.  Even with him, it’s suspect, but without we have Bealer getting minutes, PVD getting more minutes, Jayce getting more minutes, we have solid 7 guy rotation with Kuz, without we have 6 guys struggling to find an open shot.

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

I don’t know why pvd has become the whipping boy of the program. He’s had some good games and his shot is usually pretty good. He seems athletic enough to be a good role player. As one of our only local kids that plays I always root for him.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Is Parker Van Dyke a ghost?