Is this a “trap” game on Saturday?

Viewing 5 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

Honestly, I am not worried about this game.  Stanford’s football program is in shambles.  Maybe this is what bothers me.  We have a very important game coming up on the 19th.  It is sandwiched in between games with the two worst teams (by record) in the conference.  I think this is the definition of a “trap” game.

However, if we have the RBs to run (health issues), we should dominate these guys.  Their rushing defense is terrible.  WSU had three guys who averaged more than ten yards per carry and ran for over 300 yards against the trees.

I don’t remember when I felt so confident about a conference game.  I just hope the players don’t feel the same.

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

W and no injuries.

Trailgoat
      Ute Fan
      @utahgoat

Not close if Utah takes care of the ball and limits KO/punt return yards. Utah’s defense will be a problem for McKeen up front and from the Secondary. Utes should take care of Stanford early minus self inflicted mistakes. Utah is a bad match up for Stanford, no run/pass defense, no run game, waning interest. Gulbranson OSU’s back-up passed for 250 yards and two TDs.

Big question, who plays for Utah on offense? Whatever combo KW rolls out at RB, Glover JJ, TT, Bernard, or all of the above. Utes run for 300+ yards. I am most interested in seeing how Rising plays and how much action Kincaid gets. Rising needs to show some improvement from last week. This should be a warm up game for UO.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

Goat, I agree.  I am very interested to see how much Rising improves and how Kincaid plays.  I suspect that he may be more of a decoy than anything else this weekend.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The weird thing is Stanford beat Notre Dame. Notre Dame beat Clemson. So by the zoob transitive property, Stanford should be good. Right? 

Trailgoat
        Ute Fan
        @utahgoat

It is a P12 after dark game after all. Weird things happen, not this week in the RES. Yeah, that ND game was odd. ND could not get their offense together that game. 

Northendzone Ute5
        Ute Fan
        @northendzoneute5

According to the Zoobs that makes Stanford ACc Champs!

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Stanford beat Notre Dame (beleive it was at South Bend) and Notre Dame just took Clemson to the woodshed.  Utah really should win this one comfortably, but needs to take care of business and not look forward to Oregon until getting past the Cardinal.

pedro
      Ute Fan
      @pedro

I think it will be closer than it shoud bc I think a lot of banged up guys will be sitting.  Whit has owned Shaw in recent years so we should win. 

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is this a “trap” game on Saturday?