Is user OnlyU an insider?

Viewing 12 reply threads

UofU Fanatic
      Ute Fan
      @uofufanatic

I’m new to this site for about 3 weeks or so since the only other site I would follow was BlockU blog that is no longer.  I’ve noticed over those few weeks (besides that this site is awesome) that user onlyU seems to have great insight.  Are they an athletic trainer or somehow involved in Utah athletics department?

Only thing that bugs me about this site vs BlockU blog is over there was easy to see if an article had new comments and super easy to click to next unread message on the different articles or game chats.  But overall this site definitely has much more activity

tanute3
      Ute Fan
      @tanute3

Yes, OnlyU is Whitt’s burner account

MauchDawgUte
      Ute Fan
      @mauchdawgute

It’s coach Whitt. 😉

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

The first rule of Fight Club is you don’t talk about Fight Club. The second rule of Fight Club is you don’t talk about Fight Club.

NarfUte
      Ute Fan
      @narfute

BlockU was only good til Jazzy gave it up. And we aren’t snitches.

Uteusmc
      Ute Fan
      @uteusmc

I didnt even know block u was still a thing after they booted jazzyUte years ago. I only liked it when he ran it. OnlyU is actually Dr. Chris Hill since they still let him lurk around

CincyUte
        Ute Fan
        @cincyute

OnlyU is Whitt’s close friend and closet Utah fan, Kalani Sitaki.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

OnlyU is not Whitt.

Not exactly anyway, he’s actually just a part of Whitt… His calves to be exact. Allows him (them?) to get a good bit of inside info, but calves don’t have the greatest hearing, and eeeevery so often get things a bit wrong as a result.

Milton Vanderslice
      Ute Fan
      @miltonvanderslice

It’s best not to draw any more attention to his affiliation than we already do.

Onlyu
        Ute Fan
        @uf8fl

Just walked into my hotel room!! This is funny but it seems like every year I have to dispel these rumors. I also love UteHub by the way and am very appreciative that Tony put this all together and keeps it going.

I am NOT an insider, nor am I in the building. I was an athlete (albeit extremely average) on the hill many years ago – not one you would remember I assure you. I have developed numerous relationships with coaches, support staff, current and former players, some media, high school coaches, etc over the years and I’m pretty good at piecing stuff together. I have also been able to attend an occasional practice or closed scrimmages almost annually for the past 8-10 years so I get see some things and pay close attention to what’s going on. I share what I can but only stuff that doesn’t cross the line (usually).

I’m just a massive Ute fan and sports fan just like everyone here.

Go Utes!!

UofU Fanatic
          Ute Fan
          @uofufanatic

Well as a new user here I love your comments among some other common posters here so keep it coming as you have great insight!

Charlie
          Ute Fan
          @charlie

Did you know or play with the guy in my pic? I appreciate your insights. Go Utes.

89ute
            Ute Fan
            @89ute

Lionel Richie played for us?

2008 National Champ
              Ute Fan
              @cptmrgn05

All night long

Charlie
              Ute Fan
              @charlie

Nope.  It is Carl who played with Popcorn in our peak befor Jim Fassel (who passed away in Vegas last year) came to Utah.

Dallas
      Ute Fan
      @dallas

OnlyU is the ghost of Utah football.

UofU Fanatic
      Ute Fan
      @uofufanatic

I’m only more intrigued who this person is now.  OnlyU, you Swoop the mascot or something??

I enjoyed BlockU for quite some time.  You guys mention jazzyute who I believe I remember seeing stuff from him too. For me BlockU had still been giving great content such as Utes in NFL etc but the user community took a cliff dive since covid imo. Honestly I was very sad to see it go even though users commenting greatly decreased

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

There was a user over on blocku- Shakeitsugaree I believe? Anybody know if she’s still around? She put together an awesome piece asking other fan blogs about what expectations should be for a Pac12 member.

Tony (admin)
        Admin/Founder
        @admin

I remember that name. I think there might be one here but haven’t seen action from that individual for a long time. 

shakeitsugaree
        Ute Fan
        @shakeitsugaree

Aww, thanks for the kind words!

I am around, but I mostly lurk now. Got busy with grad school, now I’m busy with my new job.

I definitely still follow my UTES and have had the best time this week watching #4s go down like flies!

Cheers, everyone!

Oh, PS: I went back and read that post – “Impressions of Utah Football From Around the League” – we’ve sure come a long way in the last five years!

2 1

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

OnlyU more like OnlyQ

RoboUte
      Ute Fan
      @hamplate

Blocku had some real interesting characters even if it was a bit echo chamberey.

I have convened with the elders and they tell me that OnlyU is Carmen San Diego.

Viewing 12 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Is user OnlyU an insider?