It appears that JT Daniels may be out for the season

Viewing 4 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I hate to see any young man lose an entire season like this.

Helton said that he will likely reach out to Jack Sears to see if he will come back.  It sounds like Sears would be behind the true freshman Slovis.  This loss of Daniels will likely really hurt USC and their new offensive scheme.  

BYU may now have two openings for wins.  Tennessee appears to be a bad FBS team and now USC will likely be starting a true freshman QB.  Slovis is no 5 star guy either.  He is a 3 star recruit out of Arizona.  But, look at what Boise’s freshman QB and Auburn’s freshman QB did yesterday.

If BYU doesn’t win next week in Knoxville, it will really sting after a 2-10 Georgia State beat Tennessee.  What has happened to the once dominate Tennessee program?  USC’s game against BYU in two weeks will be a trap game lodged between two critical conference games.  On the other hand, BYU put all their eggs in the “beat Utah” basket and I am not sure where their heads are at emotionally.  I wouldn’t be surprised if they lose both or win both games.

2 1

UtesRock
      Ute Fan
      @utahrockon

X-ray negative. Should return this season.

AZUTE
        Ute Fan
        @azute

X-rays don’t show soft tissue injuries only bone. MRI is needed for ligaments and tendons.

His knee buckled inward 45 degrees. Even if it’s not a MCL/ACL tear and just a grade I or grade II sprain (which would be a small miracle) it would be 4 to 6 weeks til full recovery.

Either way he won’t play against Utah

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

What is the injury?

Anfernee
        Ute Fan
        @anfernee

Right knee buckled awkwardly after getting sacked. Came back out to the sidelines on crutches with a brace on his knee. MRI is today. X-ray negative doesn’t really mean anything. 

UtMtBiker
      Ute Fan
      @utmtbiker

Auburns QB was terrible except for one drive.

OU s**t the bed in the second half and left points on the board. Started playing tight.

ProudUte
        Ute Fan
        @proudute

I don’t think the Auburn QB was terrible or close to it.  Not bad for an 18-year old freshman.  Took a lot of guts by the coach to let him throw that last TD pass.  

The point I was trying to make was that even though the new USC QB is a true freshman, he could still lead his team to victories over good teams as we saw with Boise State and Auburn yesterday.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315
Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football It appears that JT Daniels may be out for the season