It now makes sense why Exum was held back until after the break.

Viewing 3 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

They want to be absolutely certain he passes his physical for a trade. 

Calling my shot Rubio/Exum/first round pick for Conley. 

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Would love that.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Are you hearing something ?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

No just figured it was odd. I know they are saying “high” ankle sprain. Just feels like they want him healthy for some reason. I don’t think his body can handle his speed. He athletic and everything but has no poise or control. 

I am hearing Raptors want Conley/Gasol for Lowry and stuff. Doesn’t make much sense considering Lowry’s age and decline this year. Raptors want to win now best shot to go to the Finals and lose to the Warriors in forever. 

KoolWhitt
      Ute Fan
      @koolwhitt

I would doubt that at this point. Exum’s mild ankle sprain wouldn’t cause him to fail his physical. Porzingod’s trade went through with him still rehabbing from a much more serious injury. Further, the Grizz would leap at the offer you suggested and the Jazz could have had this wrapped up a long time ago if they were willing to offer that, but I doubt they are. They are really high on Exum and always have been.

i could see them giving up Exum, but not for Conley. I could see it in a package for a guy like Porter or to try to get a Middleton or a Harris now and lock up their bird rights. I can’t imagine either the Bucks or the Clips trading those guys, though, because there is a good chance both re-sign. It’s really too bad the Clippers have overachieved this year; otherwise, they could easily have gone fire sale at the deadline like the Grizzlies are doing.

My guess is the Jazz walk away from the table on Conley but do end up signing Mirotic for Favors. That’s literally a no-risk situation; if Mirotic improves the team, great. If not, he’s a free agent and the Jazz retain all of their cap space to go after a Middleton or a Harris. New Orleans does it because they’re losing Davis for a package that includes zero bigs, and Derrick at the 5 is about the best big they can hope to get. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Reddit thread on the trade.

I also just read about what Toronto offered. I wonder if the Jazz can work a three team trade somehow. Memphis doesn’t want an aged Lowry for Conley I think. 

I also read so many things about Conley potentially opting out on his third year. Which I didn’t think he had a player option but it is the dumbest thing ever considering his salary that third year and his age. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute
Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA It now makes sense why Exum was held back until after the break.