James Evans making republicans everywhere proud

Viewing 1 reply thread

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

To Chaffetz’s credit he calls James out and tells him he’s wrong. James Evans, Utah’s Sean Spicer

http://www.sltrib.com/home/4952542-155/utah-gop-leader-to-congress-members

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

To a certain extent I agree with Evans (and that’s a real rarity). I didn’t understand the timing of holding public meetings so shortly after the election. I’m a strong supporter of interaction between elected representatives and their constituency, but we’ve just had six months or more of discussion it seems it would have been better to wait for a few months and then get input. Now all you get is the anger at losing an election rather than substantive input.

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

You saw the part where even Chaffetz disagrees with him right?  You really think that it was orchestrated by democrats made about losing?  Jason is in about safest republican district he can be in.  

IF you have some proof that democrats flooded this town hall meeting and were paid to do so we would all love to see it 

in case you missed it Joe Six Pack is p**sed at BOTH parties.  This is not a partisan issue.   

The rancor and feedback Jason got he brought upon himself with his own statements   He’s been smart enough to acknowledge he and his party mates are going to have to govern now or the voters will replace them.  He actually said that a few months back. 

Your plan to wait a few months will make them appear to be cowards and afraid to face the voters. Even Jason realizes this.  

Utahute72
          Ute Fan
          @utahute72

Yes.  Do you really think that his constituency is that adamant about the issues that were raised.  I would really like to know how many of those present were from his district.

4 1

Newbomb Turk
            Ute Fan
            @newbombturk

I really think that his constituency is that adamant about the issues. My son was there, he is a constituent of Chaffetz. I would have been there, but I am stuck in Love’s district (even though I don’t live that far from my son……thanks gerrymandering). I think Chaffetz has been nothing but a hypocrite his entire time in Congress and his constituents (and others) are getting tired of him.

PorterRockwell
              Ute Fan
              @porterrockwell

@Utah72 why are you questioning if they were from his district? Because James Evans said so? because Jason made a claim and then walked it back? because there are rumors that the democrats planned this and showed up in mass? You do realize this is happening all over the country right?
              Has it occurred to you that people are p**sed and want to be heard?

Utahute72
                Ute Fan
                @utahute72

Just from my purely unscientific survey of people I know down there and extrapolating from my own area.  I wouldn’t think they are likely to get that worked up over the immigration order.  Hopefully Turk is right and people down there are sick of him, but I’m not seeing it.

Viewing 1 reply thread

The forum ‘Politics’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Politics James Evans making republicans everywhere proud