James Harden's play style is awful.

Viewing 4 reply threads

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

And how he gets the refs to buy his shenanigans is beyond me. I swear you breathe on him when he takes a shot and he gets the fouls.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Hood gets elbowed in the groin and gets called for the foul, because Harden’s beard make refs morons.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

It’s just another reason why the NBA is unwatchable. NBA commissioner wants high scoring fast pace games and they don’t want it’s stars to get hurt by a hard foul so they cover them in bubble wrap and blow the whistle if anyone gets close to them.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I think Wrestling may be more real than the NBA.

RedRocks
        Ute Fan
        @hypodactylus

It is not uncommon for me to read statements like this on Utah message boards about the NBA.  Maybe it is just a few individuals that share these sentiments, but I am curious to know why.  I admit that there are a few things that are annoying about the NBA, but I cannot see how someone would prefer to watch college basketball over the NBA (an assumption I am making about those who make these statements).  With college, you have the same problems (floppers, complainers, divas) and a much slower/sloppier game.  I don’t buy the no defense argument in the NBA either: pro players are so much better at scoring that defenses don’t look as effective.  I am genuinely curious; please educate me.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I used to LOVE the NBA. I’d never miss a Jazz game, etc. The Jazz vs the Bulls in the Finals was the beginning for me. The shot clock violations, giving the Bulls threes, taking some away from Utah, etc…It sucked. 

Now, what drives me crazy is a couple of things. One, are the way they call fouls. A lot of times, they wait to see if the players make/miss before calling a foul. Another is that the ref right in front of the play, the one that should be making a call, will correctly not make a call, and the ref 1/2 a court away will decide that there is no way superstar would have missed that shot and he calls a foul. 

The other thing that bothers me, is that this is your typical NBA game: 1st quarter is sloppy play. 2nd quarter, one team goes up big. 3rd quarter, the gap closes. 5 mins in the fourth quarter, the game gets to within 5 or 6 and then it ends. 

I’ll usually tune in when there is about 5 mins left in the game. It is really the only part of the game worth watching. 

Now, I probably watch as much NBA as I do college basketball. I just like college better because it is Utah. I love my Utes. I also don’t watch a lot of NFL either. I’m always amazed after turning on the NFL after college football season is over at how good the NFL players are. It’s the same for the NBA. I just don’t enjoy the NBA. 

Also, I don’t watch the NFL because there are way too many commercials. It’s ridiculous. 

RedRocks
            Ute Fan
            @hypodactylus

I’ll agree that the refereeing is very irksome and I hate all the complaining that goes on from the players to the refs.

Tacoma Ute
      Ute Fan
      @tacomaute

Hayward blasted his shot into next week when it counted though.

Daedalus
      Ute Fan
      @daedalus

I tuned in briefly. They were replaying video of Harden whining to the ref and saying he went on like that for about 1:15 with no technical foul.  Then I watched about a minute of bad basketball before changing the channel. 

The NBA has become a game of working the refs instead of playing basketball and I dislike that very much. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA James Harden's play style is awful.