Jaquinden Jackson

Viewing 1 reply thread

Dante Guardi
      Ute Fan
      @danteg12

First off, I have always loved him. His body language on the sidelines is always awesome and you can truly tell he loves Utah. Also gives off real Troy Williams vibes in terms of leadership. But the main reason I write this today is that I believe he was our secret weapon for beating Oregon, despite not playing a snap. The Oregon offense and more in particular Anthony Brown had their two worst games of the season versus us. Anthony Brown stands 6’3 226 lbs. Jaquinden Jackson? 6’2 229. They also have a very similar play style where they tend to lean more on their legs than their arm. The Utah D getting to go against Jaquinden all week is literally the greatest possible preparation for going against a QB with the dynamic play of Anthony Brown along with their builds being damn near identical. So just wanted to come on here and give him a shout as he most definitely deserves it. Jaquinden Jackson, the unsung hero of our Pac 12 championship.

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

I’ve also noticed that he is always very engaged in the game and in any activities associated with the team. Our seats in RES are on the east side of the stadium aligned with the 10 yard line near the north end zone. Ever since AL’s passing I’ve watched Jaquinden stop at the 22 yard line for his pregame prayer. You can tell by his demeanor that he really means it. What a kid, especially one who transferred into the program and has continued to stay engaged despite not being the starter.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

I hope we find a way to utilize him on the field. Such a freak athlete, maybe the best on the team. Wonder if Whitt/Scalley could transform him into the next Devin Lloyd. As much as I’d love to see him play QB because of how gifted he is, Rising is the man and leader of our team for the next 2 years barring injury. Truly hope we find a way to utilize him!

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

Rising can leave after this season. Don’t think he’s ready for the NFL, but a good showing at the Rose Bowl in this weak QB class and he could shoot up draft boards fairly quickly.

Tednab
            Ute Fan
            @tednab

Nah .. need him next year for Heisman and our national title run

UTUTE
          Ute Fan
          @utute

Anthony Brown seemed to be very effective vs Ohio State….maybe we’ll see JQJ in the Rose Bowl from time to time?

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jaquinden Jackson