Jayce Johnson played better than I thought. Had a double double

Viewing 3 reply threads

PorterRockwell
      Ute Fan
      @porterrockwell

http://www.sltrib.com/sports/4952432-155/utah-basketball-shorthanded-utes-get-worked

I still get frustrated when he puts the ball on the court or brings it down low.  I don’t get why our players don’t move to an open spot for an outlet pass when their defender moves to double team the big.  This should be happening but doesn’t seem to very often.

But what do I know, I’m just an old gun fighter past my prime that on knows about women, whiskey and guns.

AllInUteFan
      Ute Fan
      @allinutefan

still some bad habits, but I’ve been pleasantly surprised with his progress this season.  He plays hard.  In his limited minutes he’s averaging nearly the same number of rebounds as Collette (4.5 vs. 4.9).  Hopefully he gets another 25 lbs (of muscle) and 15% more coordination in the next couple of years.  

Minnesota Ute
      Ute Fan
      @minnesotaute

I said to my wife when he was battling in the first half and going crazy… “his balls finally dropped”.  She just gave me a smirk, but then when he went in for that contested hammer dunk, she said “Holy crap, his balls did drop!”

PorterRockwell
        Ute Fan
        @porterrockwell

@minnesota ute I laughed that was funny. I wish he would quit bringing the basketball down by his balls though, too often it gets swatted away etc but maybe he was using the basketball to protect his balls? 🙂

vcsg01
      Ute Fan
      @vcsg01

That dunk was a beauty. Was especially nice to see after all of our weak layup attempts getting blocked.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Jayce Johnson played better than I thought. Had a double double