Jayce needs to be playing more. he gives us things we desperately need

Viewing 3 reply threads

rbmw263
      Ute Fan
      @rbmw263

we are getting killed on the boards every night. even ASU who is severely undersized out rebounded us by a good margin.

Collette Total reb % – 11.8
      Rawson TRB% – 11.7
      Jayce TRB% – 19.6
      for reference, Deandre Ayton TRB% is 21.6. the difference between jayce and DC/TR on the boards is borderline elite and bottom of the barrel 
      another and equally as important weakness with our starting bugs is there is absolutely zero rim protection. jayce isn’t elite here but certainly can provide a big step up from dc/tr. 
      I actually think jayce has a very high cieling defensively. for example, tonight there was a play where he bumped down on the roll man, made the massive 15 foot recovery to his man on the 3 point line and defended the 3 perfectly while not overpersuing and having the feet to not get blown by (this is really hard to do as a guard, let alone a 7 footer). it’s weird, jayce seems so lumbering and has about a 3 inch vertical, but I think he has good-great foot speed and lateral quickness.
      I think this team could have a formidable defense anchored with tillman guarding threat no. 1 on the outside and jayce protecting the paint. we have serious offensive limitations and the best version of this team will always involve us reaching our cieling defensively. imo
      I know it’s tricky because he can’t play wirh DC, but Larry has to find a way to get as much as possible out of what jayce can give us

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I wonder why Collette is on the court at times. He is awful at rebounding. He lets guys get position on him and he is a limp wrister rebounder. Watching him a few times going after uncontested rebounds he is one of the most uncoordinated guys I have ever seen. 

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

There were several minutes last night where we had Collette and Jayce in at the same time. 

rbmw263
        Ute Fan
        @rbmw263

I tend to miss things like that from the stands. how was the spacing on offense?

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I actually liked what was going on with both of them in. Spacing looked decent, and we had a couple of well executed plays, not just one-on-one then huck up a 3 offense.

rbmw263
            Ute Fan
            @rbmw263

I’ll keep an eye out for that going forward. if we can make jayce/collette work it would be huge 

Hal Evans
      Ute Fan
      @dixieute

Jayce needs to do two things. Be aggressive and strong.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Jayce needs to be playing more. he gives us things we desperately need