Jayden Daniels on his official visit to ASU

Viewing 7 reply threads

Italy88
      Ute Fan
      @itacoatiara22

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Sigh…Are the Utes looking at any other QBs?

Dwight89
      Ute Fan
      @jordan-buckner

Ugh. His comments definitely have me concerned. Looks like we’ll have a price to pay if Shelley continues to play well and we win the South. 

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

If that “price” is having a good QB for another 3 years in Shelley, that is a great “price” to pay.

Dwight89
          Ute Fan
          @jordan-buckner

Oh no doubt about that. we’ll just have to hope we can get someone this cycle that would be a serviceable backup if that’s the case. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

We’ll get a JC insurance policy, go in to next season with Tyler and Jason, and focus on the next cycle. It will work out. No more “Tuttle-mania” for this observer. 

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

If we don’t sign one, I wonder if we will scheme differently to minimize snaps – meaning, more wildcat, covey, trick plays, etc. 

On the flip side, we still have Lisk as well. Don’t know much about him, but everything I’ve heard has been great. 

4 4

AgouraUte
      @agouraute

He definitely wants early playing time, not gonna happen next year at Utah. I personally think we should move on to a kid who is willing to put in the time to learn the system. 

Dwight89
        Ute Fan
        @jordan-buckner

We’ll be recruiting 3* QB’s only if that’s the case. Unfortunately nowadays highly recruited kids want to play. Sometimes their talent and ability merits early playing time and sometimes it doesn’t, so I’m not sure that attitude is the best approach either. 

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

Man, you are negative. Maybe try and be positive for once, you may find it is much more enjoyable.

Crazyforu
      Ute Fan
      @crazyforu

Let me ask you this, have you ever heard of a kid visiting a school, then outright saying that he hated it?

Utah has been in the game with this kid for a VERY long time. He just visited the school, had a good time. Of course it is fresh on his mind, and he is going to say good things about them.

Anything could happen at this point, I wouldn’t take his comments though as anything more than at face value. If he ultimately chooses ASU, good for him. I have a hunch though that things will be just fine up on the hill.

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

I agree, heaven forbid the kid enjoyed his other official visits.  Nothing in that article indicates that Utah is out of it.  He says it’s down to ASU, Cal, and Utah.  So he dropped UCLA, I think that’s a good thing.  I hope we get him obviously, but the kid has a lot to think about while also trying to win his championship games(semi and final).  

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Everyone take a deep breath and step away from the ledge.

How many of these stories have you read where the recruit said things like.

That trip sucked it was awful. I hated everything about that school. The Coaches are idiots.

The key is going to be the in home visits at the end of the month.

Kyle vs Herm

The early playing time thing is a myth every kid says that.

Recruits just want a chance to complete for playing time which he will be given. If he’s the best he’ll play.

The other thing is Herm is going to change the O at ASU to suit more of a drop back pro style QB and that doesn’t fit JD’s style of play.

ASU has two very good underclassmen QBs on the roster already in Ryan Kelly and
      Dillion Sterling-Cole plus a commitment from 4* QB Joey Yellen.

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Then you know what????

There will be another Daniels in 2020 and beyond and he’ll look at Utah’s roster and say they have a graduating senior and only one scholarship QB on the roster and I can probably play early there.

Utah football will continue with or without him

PhillyUte
        Ute Fan
        @phillyute

The only thing is that if Daniels doesn’t come to Utah, we are probably also losing his 4 star wide receiver teammate who is already committed. 

5 2

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Ha ha. No. They are separate. He wants to be at Utah, Utah wants him and those around him are pushing him to Utah. 

Its not a package deal. Not even close. 

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Not necessarily. Just because the Hallandale trio came to Utah doesn’t mean that kids from the same high school always go to the same college. In fact, it’s usually the exact opposite.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jayden Daniels on his official visit to ASU