Jaylon Johnson appreciation post

Viewing 3 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

Eason attempted 52 passes, and only THREE of those attempts were directed at Jaylon’s receiver. Eason was 0/3 on those attempts, and Jaylon turned one into a pick-six. That is pure unadulterated dominance. When a QB attempts that many passes and completely avoids a cornerback, that’s a product of him watching film and realizing that Jaylon’s a dude he didn’t wanna mess with. This has been the theme of basically every game Johnson has played since he’s been at Utah.

Having a shut-down corner like Jaylon Johnson is extremely valuable and was a major recruiting win for Utah. Looking at his 247 profile, I hadn’t realized just how highly rated of a 4 star recruit he was. Using 247’s rating system, Jaylon was rated .9619, which isn’t far off of being labeled 5 star. He had offers from the likes of Florida, Georgia, Oklahoma, Michigan, and the “crystal ball projections” had him 100% going to USC.
      Jaylon Johnson is a stud, and we’re lucky to have him.

4 2

User Suspended
      @a2ute

Yep, 

This is what happens when Utah recruits and gets top talent into the program.

chinngiskhaan
      Ute Fan
      @chinngiskhaan

woah… that’s pretty amazing. I don’t know why it still floors me when I see his numbers. He does things like this consistently. It’s just amazing.

Utesby1
      Ute Fan
      @garykennedy

Consider the fact that he has these unbelievable stats while he was routinely guarding the top WR on the other side. Amazing 

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jaylon Johnson appreciation post