Jaylon Johnson

Viewing 2 reply threads

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Man I can’t wait to see this guy play. One of the receivers (i think it was Simpkins) said that Johnson is the most difficult CB to go against so far in fall camp.  Holy frick. A true freshman, hasn’t even played a down in live play, is already this good. 

Also, I keep hearing that he is Utah’s highest rated corner ever recruited. Well I did some checking and it is even better than that. According to 247, he is Utah’s highest rated high school recruit ever, regardless of position. James Aiono is the highest rated ever, but he was a JC, and Jaylon is the highest out of high school ever. His ranking is even higher than Garett Bolles, to my surprise. I haven’t checked the other recruiting sites, so this is 247. 
      Here is a list of all time rankings for Utah. Check it out:

RiseasUtes
      Ute Fan
      @riseasutes

I believe he will start at one of the CB positions.  Watching him at the opening practices last year was impressive.  He never looked lost or overwhelmed.  Always was in control and had great position.  Would not surprise me if he were a freshman all American(yes I am getting ahead of myself) because he has all the talent for the position you could ask for.

Rick
      Ute Fan
      @rickyrules

Tom Hackett was very adoment that Jaylon would be a starting CB one game one for the Utes.   He said this in June I believe but he said with such certainty almost like coach told him directly.

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jaylon Johnson