Jazz make an offer for Conley

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Rubio first round pick and probably others to make up the 30 some odd million Conley makes.

Does this make the Jazz a top five team?  I don’t really think so. Conley has more injury problems than Rubio and he is older. It also doesn’t afford them flexibility to sign possibly Harris. Which I think they need a consistent stretch four over Favors. 

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

Good! With Rubio, Favors, and Gobert in your starting 5 you have 3 weak 3 point shooters. This causes issue to spreading the floor for Mitchel. Adding Conley would help spread the floor better. Pay him for 2 years and then he’s off your books (if you want) when you need to resign Gobert.

Sweetness
      Ute Fan
      @sweetness

I like it, but that contract is tough. If you make the deal, your team is pretty much Conley, Mitchell, Gobert, and Ingles going forward. It’s a playoff team, but probably not getting out of the second round. Don’t know how else they add any impact players though. No ones coming in free agency, so a move like this might be necessary.

3 1

KoolWhitt
        Ute Fan
        @koolwhitt

I wouldn’t say that no one is coming in free agency. Tobias Harris has expressed interest in playing for the Jazz and Mitchell was rumored to have possibly been recruiting him a bit when the Jazz played the Clips last week. He’d be a perfect fit and much more impactful than an old injured Conley.

It seems to boil down to the guarantee of a trade vs the crapshoot of free agency. Jazz clearly want to show Gobert and Mitchell that they are willing to invest to win, and while I’m all for that, I’m not for the wrong guy. And I think Conley is the wrong guy.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

The big risk with Conley is that his contract ends when Gobert’s ends. 

If you trade for Conley and it doesn’t work out, you are stuck with Conley and lose Gobert. 

Gobert ain’t spending his career in Utah being snubbed from the all star game when he could go and win titles somewhere else. 

And if you lose Gobert, how do you convince Mitchell to stay in Utah when he could go he the Knick’s savior, his childhood favorite team? 

DL has a big task ahead of him right now. 

2 1

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Looking at his numbers, isn’t Conley a more expensive Rubio? 

His shooting numbers, age and contract is a “meh” from me. 

RiseasUtes
        Ute Fan
        @riseasutes

20 ppg on 43% shooting compared to 12 ppg on 38% shooting isn’t the same.  Conley averages over 5% better shooting % over their careers.

2 2

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Sure, over their careers. Conley is old and not impressive this year. Look at him and Rubio this year. 

Pretty similar. 

And hoping for and old player to surge statistically…that’s asking a lot. 

RiseasUtes
            Ute Fan
            @riseasutes

The stats I gave you are from this year.

Utah
              Ute Fan
              @utah

Huh? No you didn’t. Conley is shooting 43%. Rubio is shooting 40%. 

From three: Conley: 36%. Rubio: 33%

Those numbers are from basketball reference. 

RiseasUtes
                Ute Fan
                @riseasutes

I had everything correct except for Rubios % this year, somehow 20 ppg on 43% isn’t much better than 12 ppg on 40% though.  I’ll take the points and % all day, he would help Mitchell by having someone else that can create their own shot.  

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Agree I am kind of meh for Conley. Jrue Holiday would be better. 

1 1

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I’d love Holliday. But he probably emds

up in Philly. 

KoolWhitt
          Ute Fan
          @koolwhitt

I agree 100%, but it’s a complete mystery as to whether Jrue is actually available. Some outlets reporting that the Pels are shopping him; others saying he’s completely off the table.

My guess is the Pels figure out what they are getting for Davis first, then figure out who else they are willing to part with

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Where did you hear Harris wanted to come to Utah?

KoolWhitt
              Ute Fan
              @koolwhitt

Locke discussed it a fair bit over the summer and there were a few other news outlets and fan sites that picked up the story. Could be just a rumor, though in pro sports everything is a rumor until it happens.

User Suspended
                @a2ute

Simple answer to this issue….  JIMMER FRICK’N FREDETTE!

Image result for jimmer fredette dancing gif

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

I’ve also been hearing mirotic rumors.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I feel like this is smoke from Memphis. 

ironman1315
          Ute Fan
          @ironman1315

Smoke as in smoke and mirrors or smoke as in fire?

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Jazz make an offer for Conley