Jazz overall #1 team

Viewing 3 reply threads

Thlete
      Ute Fan
      @thlete

For the first time in franchise history, the Jazz finish the regular season with the best record in the league. I know it’s all about the playoffs and a ring, but that’s a fine accomplishment – especially with DM being out for so long to end the season.

As a lifelong fan, I’m taking a moment to enjoy something even Malone and Stockton couldn’t do. They tied for best record in 97-98 (and had home court tiebreaker over the Bulls which helped absolutely not at all as they lost 2/3 home games in Finals that year).

Ute2
      Ute Fan
      @ute2

**deleted**

Go jazzz!

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

I feel the 1997-98 team would have won it all if they hadn’t clinched the Western Conference so early (lost only one game in 3 series combined) and had to wait nearly 2 weeks to start the finals (the Bulls had a few longer series in the East.)    The Jazz came out flat after the long layoff.  

Hopefully Donovan will be back soon.  He of course may need a game or two to really find his stride again. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Will this also be the first time a #7 seed wins the finals?

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Haven’t been following it much this year. But I did read that recent article about the 3-4 missed calls to give the Warriors the win. NBA is about as realistic as the WWE. Adding a fair amount of drama to the one seed in the west.

Mobile Ute Hub user submitted image

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

I have a hard time with the NBA too

123punt
          Ute Fan
          @123punt

Yup. I became very jaded after the Deron/Boozer/AK47 Jazz were bounced out. I remember one of the announcers let slip that there was a $100M+ advertising deal riding on the long-awaited Lakers-Celtics finals. No wonder during the Lakers/Jazz series that Boozer could get mauled beneath the rim (couldn’t even lift his arms) and the refs just swallowed their whistles. Meanwhile on the other end, Kobe can sneeze and he gets free throws. Jazz basically have to shoot lights out and play nearly perfect to even stand a chance – even then I’m not sure it’s enough.

It seems like with a new owner and this Jazz team, we should have a legitimate shot. I’m not sure it’s enough to compete with the viewers and $$ the large market teams command. The NBA is an entertainment business, first and foremost. I’m not saying it isn’t smart, but it sure makes it hard to be invested in a small market team.

I sure hope this year I am pleasantly surprised. Kudos to the coaches and players for such a stellar run. I hope they come out with swagger and not the defeatist / victim mentality I’ve adopted as a fan lol.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Jazz overall #1 team