Jazz with 11 in a row into the All Star break.

Viewing 4 reply threads

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

They have the easiest schedule with a 90% probability of making the playoffs now.  They seemed to play terrible against sub .500 teams and better vs the over .500 teams.  Good read.

Gnashing our teeth over Hayward leaving and look at them now! 43-45 wins isn’t that bad for a team who got a kick in the nuts. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

Very true. It’s super bitter sweet. If Hayward was on this team, especially with Crowder, we’d be a top 3 team. BUT, Mitchell is something else. He is so fun to watch. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Yes my man crush is starting up pretty strong. I would buy his signature shoe if he gets them. He currently wears Dame 4’s Those red ones he wore for the city unis are sweet.

That turn around three he had was super sick.

noneyadb
        Ute Fan
        @noneyadb

Or Jazz would be in the same or worse position cuz 1- Hayward hasn’t played all year due to injury (still could have happened) and 2- his contract would have limited the FO flexibility at the trade deadline, and going into next season.

Staples
          Ute Fan
          @staples

And most likely Mitchell doesn’t develop as he has if Hayward’s in the lineup. He’s certainly not getting the end of game shots that he has.

noneyadb
            Ute Fan
            @noneyadb

I doubt Utah could have signed Ingles, Sefolosha, or brought on Crowder had Hayward stayed… Personally I’ll take Ingles over Hayward.

TheNuschler
      Ute Fan
      @thenuschler

I grew up in the Bay Area, big Chris Mullin and Timmy Hardaway fan. The Dubs are still my team but this run the Jazz are making is really exciting stuff. They are every bit as exciting to watch as the Dubs during the streak minus the very punchable faces. Donovan is going to be legit.

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

Tim Hardaway and his killer crossover were money.

Virginia Ute
      Ute Fan
      @virginiaute

Great article.  The video of the ESPN honks talking about the Jazz, though, pretty lame.  Saying they’re not a playoff team, and that they are “getting as much hype as they deserve.”  BS.  If this was the Lakers with Ball taking them on a 10 game win streak, the place would be going nuts.  

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

I really can’t remember when a team that looked to be firmly in the lottery turned it around this quickly before the break. It feels unprecedented especially considering the challenges Utah has faced. Mitchell was out for a road game and it was against a lot of very good teams. 

Crowder is paying off more than I expected to be honest so soon. You have two rookies performing well above average. It is amazing on a coaching/GM level in the NBA. 

Virginia Ute
          Ute Fan
          @virginiaute

And they’ve beaten both of the best teams in Toronto and GS, also SA x 2.  Just remarkable.  

TheNuschler
      Ute Fan
      @thenuschler

Ingles keeps getting better, he’s pretty old to be getting that much better. I think Quinn Synder is a genius at getting the very most out of every player individually and as a team. I think players notice coaches that maximize their talents, I could see the Jazz start attracting better free agents cause of Quinn as well.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Professional Sports NBA Jazz with 11 in a row into the All Star break.