Jazz

Viewing 6 reply threads

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

I pray for once just once in my lifetime. That’s the Jazz are aggressive in the off season. It would be so refreshing to see us go for it just once. 

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

I agree. My guess is they re-sign Rubio. They’ll have Exum for a couple more years. No one will take on that contract and everything will remain as is.

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

They were aggressive last night. 

A. They continue to miss wide open looks. Some of those looks even had a wide open lane for possibly a better two point shot. 

B. Free throws doomed them. They slowed the game down in the third quarter and accomplished what they wanted. Bonus was achieved with 8 something left in this quarter. At that point I think they already had three missed free throws. Then they missed ten more in that quarter I believe.  So you leave a whole lot of applied pressure on Rockets offense on the line. Rockets role players made their shots relating back to point A. 

C. Officiating finally went both ways for the most part. Harden should have fouled out earlier. Getting that third and fourth foul was almost impossible for the Jazz. When Harden finally had five the game went back to the modern NBA. Harden gets blocked and rakes his hand across Gobert’s face. I guess they got a “make up” foul on the other end on Gordon but Jazz needed the sixth foul on Harden more than a makeup call.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

Last night was not the off-season. Duh

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

Yeah I didn’t read the “offseason” and wanted to vent about that game. Still a little upset and hungover. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Oh and I guess for the offseason what do you want? It is really difficult to get players to do what you want in the modern nba. Hayward had more money on the table in Utah but left for slightly less millions, higher COLA city.

I want the Jazz to go for broke and sign Harris. I think the time has come to just roll the dice on Exum and give him starter minutes.
      I want Mitchell at the Point and I wouldn’t mind Royce honestly as the SG. Ingles looks washed up unfortunately I say move Crowder in and keep Favors. UNLESS you sign Harris. Harris, Gobert and Mitchell is a good big three. Unfortunately they don’t give Gobert the ball on switches. He gets guarded by Rockets tiny players and they can’t get him the ball.

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

I want Gallinari. Leagues 5th best 3 point shooter, a scorer, a true stretch 4. Jazz missed on him because of Hayward. 3 starters on the Jazz cannot shoot the 3 well…Rubio, Favors, Gobert.

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

He has 22 m left on his deal next year. Harris is a free agent now. 

Larry B
      Ute Fan
      @larryb

Honestly, the Jazz can be as aggressive as they want in the off season and they still won’t compete with teams like Golden State or Houston. They don’t have enough to offer, and star players won’t come to Utah.

The best they’re going to get is someone like Tobias Harris and they’ll have to get rid of Rubio, Favors, maybe even Ingles at the very least. That might make them slightly better but still a first or second round playoff team. They need a Damien Lillard type player, but it won’t happen.

The only hope is for Donovan to turn into a Lillard type player before his contract expires.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

We need the ”Silicone Slope” companies to stretch their investment opportunities for players. 

2 1

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

Honestly, why would any big name free agent come to Utah? Jazz fans this year have done nothing but reinforce long-held NBA stereotypes of Utah. And now, add to that cheering for opponents over their own team. Jazz fans set their team back more than they understand this season.

Who wants to play for fans like that? Who wants to play in front of the sports writers we have in this market? Who wants to play for an ownership group that still thinks this is 1950?

Jazz have been stuck between a rock and a hard place for a long time, and they’re more stuck now than ever before.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Ownership group stuck in the 1950s??? Swift investigations and lifetime ban for the offender? Then one of the owners speaks out on the matter? 👌 

GameForAnyFuss
          Ute Fan
          @gameforanyfuss

My comment about the ownership group being stuck in the 1950s has nothing to do with their response to the racism incident (which was perfectly handled by them). I’m referring to other aspects of the way they do business that aren’t public right now.

I have done business with the Millers in the past. There are NDAs in place to consider, but let’s just say that they are not the angels/heroes they’re portrayed as in the local public’s eye.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

Plenty of guys would. The jazz are a winning organization. I just would love to see them “go for it” via trade or otherwise. Instead of sitting back and waiting. You have to take risks and chances now and then. I hope this off season they do this.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.