Jeremiah “Rex” Jordan Injury

Viewing 7 reply threads

Onlyu
      Ute Fan
      @uf8fl

Looks like we lost Rex to a foot injury (probably Lisfranc) on Sat.  We have Anae, Tufua and Repp, etc. so we’re fine.  If Bernard comes in we can potentially move Pirtle to DE for depth which might be best anyway.

Bums me out…Rex is a kid that was gonna make some plays and become a fan favorite.  

32utahutes
      @32utahutes

Will he be back for fall camp or sometime during the year or is he shut down for the year?

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

From my understanding it won’t be until next year with this kind of injury.

Side note: why is Dana transferring?

Xanthis
          Ute Fan
          @xanthis

Playing time

Duhwayne
      Ute Fan
      @duhwayne

Thanks for letting us know. Rex had a ton of buzz so too bad. Looking forward to him getting back.

Stone
      Ute Fan
      @stone

That’s a shame. The guy is built like a tank; I was really excited to see him in action.

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Damn, that’s a bummer. Lisfranc is a real pain in the ass. I was looking forward to seeing him play.

Heal up quick Rex!

FtheY
        Ute Fan
        @fthey

False. It’s a pain in the foot. 

sweetgrass
      Ute Fan
      @sweetgrass

Liz Frank is a whore, I never liked her

kazute
      Ute Fan
      @kazute

That’s too bad.  Does he have a redshirt available?

From his signing day Bio:

PRIOR TO UTAH: First-team SCFA American Division Mountain League in 2017 … played in 10 games at Mt. San Jacinto College with 45 total tackles (12 TFL, 4.5 sacks) … team captain … competed at Limestone College in 2015, playing in seven games with seven tackles (1.0 TFL) … three-star recruit on 247Sports … played two seasons at Redan HS (Georgia) … defensive team captain as a senior … previously attended Stephenson HS—a performing arts school.

If he played in 2015 and 2017, was that used?

From the SLtrib today:

EDGE RUSHERS

Utah’s defensive ends going into 2018 camp

Freshmen:

Jaxson McBride*, Mika Tafua

Sophomores:

Samu Elisaia*, Davir Hamilton, Nick Heninger*, Maxs Tupai

Juniors: Bradlee Anae, Malik Haynes*, Rex Jordan, Caleb Repp

* Walk-on

https://www.sltrib.com/sports/utah-utes/2018/04/11/utes-hope-to-retain-pass-rush-with-mika-tafua-a-strong-candidate-to-replace-kylie-fitts/

If he has a redshirt available, that would move him to the Sophomore line.  Will miss him this year.

Stone
        Ute Fan
        @stone

This would be a medical redshirt – which I believe can be taken by any player, regardless of whether they have taken a coaches-decision redshirt.

kazute
          Ute Fan
          @kazute

I understood that wasn’t a given if you had already taken a red-shirt.  Though I don’t know all the details.

Medical Red-shirts and the Five-Year Clock

Athletes must keep in mind both the five-year clock and their four seasons of competition. Even if an athlete gets a medical hardship waiver, he or she needs to have time left on their five-year clock (10-semester/15-quarter clock in Divisions II and III) to use that season.

This is problematic for athletes took a normal redshirt season or sat out due to a transfer. An athlete can generally not use a medical redshirt in those cases unless they get a clock extension or sixth year waiver. To do that the athlete show they lost two seasons outside of his or her control. The medical redshirt would be one, but the athlete would still need to show another.

https://www.athleticscholarships.net/2012/07/17/how-get-medical-redshirt.htm

I will let the coaches figure it out, though. 🙂

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

What is your source?

gUrthBrooks
        Ute Fan
        @hammer

I think it’s NYDB as the source.

gUrthBrooks
      Ute Fan
      @hammer

No doubt! @utesequipment needs to research, develop, and engineer a better Under Armour shoe.

Viewing 7 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Jeremiah “Rex” Jordan Injury