Jimmer Fredette!!!! Okay so I’m going to an event tonight, Jimmer is the MC.

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Sadly it is related to my daughter being a Sr. and is an awards banquet for Teachers. So I’ll be slipping and sliding on all the Cougar fans slobber all over the gym tonight.

I moved to Colorado to avoid zoobies.

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

No I won’t get “Jimmered!”

DataUte
      Ute Fan
      @scotwaye

Haha. That’s what you get for having a senior, old man – teacher appreciation and all. 🙂

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

Okay, so the good the bad and the ugly.

As DataUte pointed out, it was a teacher appreciation night. Each Sr. selected a teacher who had the most impact on them, a big meeting is held at the LDS Church and the MC reads the tributes about each teacher and they are presented with a huge plaque, which includes the tribute and a picture of the Sr. along with a quote from Pres. Monson. It was about being a light to the world, meaning an example.

The ugly, listening to Jimmer try to read. Maybe he was nervous, but his reading skills lacked, though he was pretty self-deprecating so I wasn’t totally put off.

The good, my daughter told him “Go UTES!!!! as she shook his hand after standing up there by her teacher.

The bad, he read the name of a former UTE tennis player, who teaches at a HS as Harry instead of Mary. She is not LDS and was a bit peeved.

My wife works at that HS, which is not the one my daughter goes to, there is also a special ed teacher there who punted for the UTEs back in the 80s. So we’re getting represented here in Colorado.

Overall, I would have to say, it was one of the best nights I’ve had in a long time. I was really glad to see all the teachers and students and hearing about the great mentorship and comraderie they had, it’s been a yearly event for 18 years. Teachers really look forward to it.

The Superintendent, two School Board members and the Principals of the four HS in our area were all in attendance. They also commented on how great the event is, shout out to all the great teachers and mentors in our lives. Sadly my favorite teacher passed away this past summer. I’ll never forget what he taught me, how he taught me, and oh, yeah, how much looking back I appreciated writing a 20 page research paper as a Junior in HS. He made me absolutely love History.

If you haven’t thanked or reached out to one of your mentors lately, do it. Today!!!!! Don’t have “regerts” like I do for having not stayed in touch with that teacher. (Sorry if you don’t get the “regerts” reference.)

GameForAnyFuss
      Ute Fan
      @gameforanyfuss

I’ve always said I have no problem with Jimmer – he’s very good at (a limited skill set of) basketball, seems like a nice guy, and not as dweeby as most BYU-Provo types. It’s his fan club that makes me nauseous.

SkinyUte
        Ute Fan
        @skinyute

Agreed. I never had any issues with Jimmer. By all accounts, he’s a stand-up dude.

It’s the Zoobs who completely worshipped him that were just creepy af.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Misc Jimmer Fredette!!!! Okay so I’m going to an event tonight, Jimmer is the MC.