Joe Davidson, Sacramento Bee – Nothing but the facts

Viewing 4 reply threads

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Joe Davidson wrote an article about Sacramento State’s win over Colorado State.

1. “The No. 6-ranked team in the FCS clobbered higher-division Colorado State on its home turf 41-10 in front of 25,445 fans at Canvas Stadium.”

Sacramento State and Colorado State are both Division I football programs.

2. “…this marked the largest margin of victory for an FCS team over an FBS one since 2017, when Western Illinois beat Coastal Carolina, 52-10.”

Portland State 66-7 over North Texas in 2015

dystopiamembrane
      Ute Fan
      @dystopiamembrane

Point 2., one could argue that Joe was saying that this was the largest largest margin of victory since 2017, but that feels strange.

MineralUte
      Ute Fan
      @mineralute

That’s exactly what he’s saying in point 2. It was the largest margin of victory since 2017, so any scores prior to that aren’t part of the subset.

voxnihili
      Ute Fan
      @voxnihili

With point 1, it’s a bit pedantic on the semantics. Yes, technically, they are in different subdivisions but I don’t think it is outrageous for someone to use the word “division” when referring to a “subdivision.”

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

I didn’t think it was outrageous, incorrect, but not outrageous.

Hellhound152
      Ute Fan
      @hellhound152

Isn’t the real revelation here the fact that the “flip phone” offense finally found a place where it could put up 40+ points?

dystopiamembrane
        Ute Fan
        @dystopiamembrane

Speak more about the “flip phone” offense, please? I am unfamiliar.

utefansince79
          Ute Fan
          @utefansince79

CSU has fallen hard since the days of Sonny Lubrick. 

Hellhound152
          Ute Fan
          @hellhound152

Sac State head coach Troy Taylor, former Utah offensive coordinator 2017-2018, claimed to be the pioneer of the self proclaimed “i-phone offense.”  It was clear midway through year one of his tenure that he was actually running the “flip phone” offense, but Zack and Tyler survived anyhow.

dystopiamembrane
            Ute Fan
            @dystopiamembrane

Thank you. I had heard of neither term. I consider myself an avid fan of Utah sports, but I do admit that I rarely watch the football team with the sound on, and read very little about the goings on regarding the O or D or specific players for that matter. That’s not my style of sports fandom. I respect it, it’s just not how I do sports.

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Joe Davidson, Sacramento Bee – Nothing but the facts