Joe Williams is a liability

Viewing 8 reply threads

utejeph
      Ute Fan
      @utejeph

Last week in chat I mentioned the one thing I wanted to see was Joe not to have a fumble in the game. It seems that he is good for at least one per game, and the SUU game proved no different. I think he is a good back, but damn, what is it with his fumbles and ball security? I actually think we see McCormick more in the game. Based on the SUU game I think we have better success around the edges over running up the middle.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Based on Joe’s fumble (and his history with fumbles) and Mccormick’s performance, Mccormick would be my starter.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Joe Williams had 91 yards and Zero turnovers last year vs tds. He was the reason why Utah held on for the W. I wouldn’t be surprised to see Joe respond very well this week.

utejeph
      Ute Fan
      @utejeph

Man, I hope you are right…I see a lot of potential for Joe, I just cringe when he has the ball. Here’s to proving me wrong and making me a believer

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

I’m hoping that Whitt made Joe carry a football around campus all week. Fumbling is something that can be coached. Booker had fumbling issues when he first came on the scene as well. Between Whittingham and Erickson, I really hope they get through to him how paramount ball security is, and that there are 3 very capable RBs right behind Joe on the depth chart that would love to take his carries.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Joe dropped the ball quite a bit against SUU. I hope we don’t see him he nearly dropped the ball the play before his actual fumble.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Moss will get a chance to show what he can do. So will Shyne.

The simple fact is, if our OL can get their crap together, our run game will be very good no matter who is back there.

oc_ute
      Ute Fan
      @ocute

TM had a pretty decent game against SUU.  he has amazing edge speed and some elusiveness.  i think he will move into the starting role very soon if not on saturday.  however, i also think he’s a tad scrawny and is going to get pummeled at some point.  i also think they will use TM like they used bubba poole last year.  maybe not this game but at some point.

KiYi-Ute
        Ute Fan
        @kiyi-ute

Agreed. He’s too small to be an every down back, and he’s absolutely too small to run between the tackles regularly. We need a bruiser (Shyne, Moss, Williams) to complement him.

89ute
          Ute Fan
          @89ute

Maybe, maybe not. Jacquizz Rodgers carried the rock approximately 21 times a game for three years at OSU. He is smaller that Troy McCormick but a few pounds heavier.

I remember “scouting” OSU the week before we beat them at RES. OSU played USC and Rodgers gashed USC up the middle all night long. OSU upset USC, it was a huge win for them.

Jacquizz Rodgers Stats

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

De’Anthony Thomas was roughly the same size as Troy McCormick and he carried on a bunch of running plays as well.

GreatNorthernUte
      Ute Fan
      @greatnorthernute

I’ve heard through the grapevine to expect McCormick to get the start this week. How reliable this grapevine is, I’m not quite sure yet. Take it for what it’s worth.

Viewing 8 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Joe Williams is a liability