Viewing 4 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

“Anything less than a Rose Bowl this year would be a disappointment.”

Chidojuan
      Ute Fan
      @chidojuan

He’s pretty high on the team this year.  I especially liked him mentioning throwing Covey right back into 7 on 7 and punt returns to get him in shape.

2 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

I agree it would be a giant disappointment. Utah has had their windows of course. 

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

This is good validation of how we feel as fans. Granted, a former coach also has some degree of bias, but maybe our goggles aren’t so red after all? We have our weaknesses, but wow, we’ve got some talent this year. 

2 1

THEeyepatch
      Ute Fan
      @theeyepatch1

It’s great Coach Pease has such high expectations for this team. It all falls on the offense, will Huntley allow the running back(s) to do their job or will he hog the ball? Can the defense return to ‘Sack Lake City’ form? Will a WR step up to be a bonafide threat? Can Utah over come the dreaded November slide? USC and UCLA will be breaking in new QB’s, Arizona and ASU will be breaking in new HC’s. Colorado will be Colorado. I personally would like to see Utah win the Pac-South. The Stars are aligning for Utah to accomplish this and if they cannot do it this season, will they ever? Time for Whittingham to earn his pay. No excuses. 

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

Sacks are an overrated stat. I want more turnovers and a better third down stop percentage. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Ah. A Pease disciple here. He doesn’t like the man defense either. He likes getting pressure with the four down linemen and let your back 7 create TO’s. I love Whitt but I might lean a little bit towards Pease’s philosophy. 

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

Most important stat in a game is scoring. Specifically for Utah improvement needs to be done with scoring in the red zone for 6 points. A distant second is turnovers or the margin typically. Sacks are fun but they are like way down on the list probably near 10 or 11 in matters of importance.

I think we will see four down lineman more. With Hansen as the Rover it will be interesting. I really hope he can stay healthy. This defense is so fun looking on my paper. 

noneyadb
          Ute Fan
          @noneyadb

When they get 3+ sacks, they’re 22-5 since 2014… 3 of those losses are by a combined 6 points. The other two L’s are from routes by Oregon and USC. Sacks, hurries, pressures, any hits on QB should never be “overrated.” Rewatch the Washington game, final 3 minutes Scalley was sending blitz after blitz, forcing Browning to make bad throws, and they were able to force the turnover on downs.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

They were a half a step away from sacking Browning on that fourth down throw to tie it up as well. 

I am far too lazy to break down the turnover margin coupled with the three sack theory you have. But I would rather get a turnover. 

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.