John Wilner Bowl projections for the PAC-12

Viewing 6 reply threads

St George Ute
      Ute Fan
      @stgeorgeute

Wilner Projections

Wow, no love for the Utes in this one. He’s projecting Utah to lose Friday and fall all the way to the Sun Bowl. Says UW to the Rose, Alamo would take WSU, Holiday would select Oregon (because Justin Herbert), Redbox would take Stanford (because Utah just played at Levi Stadium in the CCG), which would drop Utah to the Sun Bowl (the Sun would be required to take them as they would have the best record of the remaining teams).

Always a downer on the Utes. Personally, I feel like the Sun Bowl would be a slap in the face after winning the South.

Solution:  WIN!!!

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

And no matter where we go, go and spend money. Make these cities want us. Show them that we bring value to their hotels, restaurants and cities. 

Anonymous
      Inactive

He’s right. If the Utes win Friday, Rose 🌹 

If Utah loses Friday:

Washington Rose

Washington State Alamo 

Oregon Holiday 

The Holiday is a zoob bowl and will never invite Utah, ever. 
      That’s what happens when it takes four games to figure out that Zack Moss is on your team, and he’s a RUNNING BACK!

Anonymous
        Inactive

Downvote all you want. The next time some lame brain tells you a game doesn’t matter, remember that it’s the difference between the Alamo and the Sun. Every game matters. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

I hope hoping the Utes play a great game Friday so that even if they come up short they show enough excitement and flash on ohfense that the Holiday takes them over Oregon (8-4), 4th place in North.  Moar Shelley hurdles!! (just kidding, just win, baby)

AZUTE
      Ute Fan
      @azute

Wilmer had something negative to say about Utah? This is my shocked face.

Problem is he’s probably right.

Alamo doesn’t Pac-12 CG Loser again

Bowl games want butts in the seats and for the last two year in San Jose and Dallas Ute Fans haven’t shown up. It’s a very bad look for the school

Holiday Bosl is enamored with OU’s offense and Herbert but he’ll announce he’s going pro and sit out the bowl game.

Holiday bowl is very easy to get to and Utah would bring fans from So Cal Nevada Arizona and Utah to that game.

MotherJabubu
      Ute Fan
      @motherjabubu

If that happens I really hope Herbert will declare for the draft and sit the bowl game out.

SCROUUM

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

As I posted a few days ago, I think WSU is a near lock for a NY6 Bowl.  That changes things.  I think we end up at the Alamo if we lose.  Let’s just win and not worry about it.

St George Ute
        Ute Fan
        @stgeorgeute

I hope you’re right, but as of now WSU is sitting at #13 in the CFP rankings, one spot behind a solid NY6 bowl invite.

I hope the committee rethinks their decision to put WSU in the #13 spot. If not, it’s going to take a UCF loss to Memphis to move them up.

I think a Utah win against UW would push UW out of the top 12, but does the committee move WSU above UW given the Apple Cup results? I think not. They’d likely move Utah to 11 or 12, then UW and WSU behind us (likely in the 13 to 15 range). That would mean Utah is the only PAC-12 team in a NY6 bowl.

The for sure path to two PAC-12 NY6 invites is for UW to win Friday and for UCF to lose to Memphis. That would put UW in the Rose Bowl and move WSU up to the 12 spot and a likely spot in the Fiesta Bowl.

Personally, I just want Utah in the Rose Bowl. If that means only one PAC team in the NY6, so be it.

ManUte
          Ute Fan
          @manute

NY6 has to take the highest ranked G5 school. If UCF loses, they will just be replaced by another G5.

Utahute72
      Ute Fan
      @utahute72

This scenario was floated first last week by CBS sports. It appears the Holiday is locked in on Oregon and the Redbox on one of the local teams, unless Wazzu is available. I think the story is that if Utah loses they would have 4 losses, which slots WSU in the Alamo. That leave us in the Sun

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football John Wilner Bowl projections for the PAC-12