Just a thought for the PAC12

Viewing 6 reply threads

ProudUte
      Ute Fan
      @proudute

I know they read this board and often take our advice. 🙂

If someone put me in charge – I would have all of the cross-division games in the PAC12 completed by the end of October.  This would prevent a championship game between two teams that played just 9 days ago.  

I would also go to an eight-game conference schedule.  I was opposed to this previously, but I think the PAC12 needs to make some changes.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

Agree on both. I think nearly everyone agrees on the 2nd point, 8 league games. 

Utesbyfive
      Ute Fan
      @utesbyfive

I think the problem with that is the stupid Notre Dame series.

Charlie
      Ute Fan
      @charlie

We should not go to 8, rather the rest of the P5 should go to 9. My problem is the annual inventory of games is so few I hate to create move low interest games. The argument for 8 is more wins because low risk games are added. I would go for 8 if all P5 teams play 2 non-conference P5 games. The problem currently is the SEC has 4 non-conference games that are mostly low risk leaving only 2 conference wins needed to be bowl eligible. That is nonsense. That is a season that is 2 parts conference, 1 part BYU style independence – easy bowl attendance.

MDUte
        Ute Fan
        @mdute

My preference is 8 conference, 4 OOC with the 4 being: 2 Alliance (1 B1G, 1 ACC), 1 other P5 of choice, and 1 G5….no more FCS games (G5 teams can schedule and pay the G5 schools to play them). 

I think 3 P5 OOC each year would create more national interest and offer fans an even better home game schedule to look forward to each year.  

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

I think the SEC will move to 9 games once they go to 16 teams.  The ACC will follow shortly after.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Oh yea, you’re probably right. I didn’t think about that…good call!

Central Coast Ute
      Ute Fan
      @flip2848

Agree. Kliavkov is talking about getting rid of divisions though so it won’t matter.

Hellhound152
        Ute Fan
        @hellhound152

I hate no divisions unless the conference is a true round robin.  I want So Cal teams here and there every year like it is currently.

MDUte
          Ute Fan
          @mdute

Actually, I thought I heard they would keep the divisions but eliminate the matchup between the top team from each division to play in the CCG and instead matchup the 2 teams with the best records. So you could have 2 North teams or 2 South teams playing for the Conf title in some years. But the benefit of matching up the 2 best conference teams is it gives the conference a better chance at getting a team into the CFP. This way a 9-3 team doesn’t knock out a potential 10-1 playoff team in the CCG. Hopefully there’s 2 10-1 teams playing each other in the CCG. And then when the CFP expands it still would help the PAC get more teams into the playoff.

noneyadb
      Ute Fan
      @noneyadb

Been reluctant on playoff expansion. The current format creates so much drama all year long that CFB is almost must watch tv.

After all the recent coaching turmoil and  nearly 100 kids having just recently entered the portal, I’m starting to think that the current format and recruiting sites are starting to do more harm then good. Every fan board is obsessed with recruiting and most assume that every 4* or 5* kid is going to be a day one impact player..

I would love to see CFB go to a 16 game playoff. Have 1 preseason game vs local FCS, and a 10 game schedule. Either 8 conference and 2 non, or 1 non and 9 conference games. Force Independents to join a conference and calm all the s**t down.

But then it wouldn’t be must watch tv…

CincyUte
      Ute Fan
      @cincyute

Playing the cross-division games early is a genius idea.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just a thought for the PAC12