Just curious

Viewing 2 reply threads

utahpunk
      Ute Fan
      @utahpunk

Was just contemplating the old “what if” game while I am toiling away at my 9-5, and thought “If Utah were to not only go to, but win the Rose Bowl, that would give them 3 trophies from what was once the all mighty BCS Bowl Games. The only one we would be missing would be the Orange Bowl.

How many other teams have not only played in, but also won 3 out of those 4 bowl games?

I did some initial invistigation online:

http://mcubed.net/ncaaf/bowls/ytot2.shtml

Alabama has played in all 4, but has never won the Rose Bowl (last appearance was in 1946) – 3/4

USC has played in all but the Sugar Bowl, but has only won the Rose and Orange. – 2/4

Ohio State has played in and won all 4 of the former BCS bowls. – 4/4

Nebraska has won all but the Rose Bowl. – 3/4

Miami has played in all 4, but has never won the Fiesta Bowl. – 3/4

Texas has played in and won all 4. – 4/4

Michigan has played in and won all4 of them. – 4/4

Notre Dame has played in and won all 4. – 4/4

I am not sure what any of this really proves, but it was kinda fun to see how Utah would stack up against other teams. I am sure there are other teams with multiple wins in the Big 4, but I stopped after looking at 8 historically big name teams.

Overall not bad company to be in.

Then again, maybe I’m just bored…

Smack
      Ute Fan
      @smack

I happened to be reading about the Rose Bowl last night (guess why!), and I noticed that Alabama had multiple appearances. They have actually won the Rose Bowl four times, including their last appearance in 1946.

Wilson’s Mustache
      Ute Fan
      @sigmaute

Nice work,

im curious what the current New Six bowls would look like. I imagine there are a few teams that have played in all 6 (Texas, Notre Dame)

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just curious