Just listened to Taylor on ESPN.

Viewing 3 reply threads

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

It was fun. The 40 mins went by fast. Nothing too enlightening. 

Took his spread from Urban. Has instilled some Oregon, Wash St, Texas Tech influences but the base is what Urban ran at Utah/currently runs. 

Everything he does asks, how can I make this as easy on the QB as possible. 

WR’s have the most difficult job on the team. They make the reads and choose the routes they run. 

Loves Holliday and what he’s done with the WR’s. 

Says Harding is the best OL coach he’s ever been around and best in the country. Says the OL will be the strength of the offense this fall. 

Thinks all three QB’s can play and win at a high level. 

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

p.s. Also listened to an interview with Tuttle from yesterday or today. Dude is fully committed. It’s was awesome to hear. 

GameForAnyFuss
        Ute Fan
        @gameforanyfuss

You mean King Tuttle (TM)?

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/736x/92/71/c6/9271c6d8550c440577c3a3bd8bbd313f.jpg

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

King Ute-le? 

T-UTE-le? 

ironman1315
        Ute Fan
        @ironman1315

Question: is the link to the Tuttle interview up yet?

Larry B
        Ute Fan
        @larryb

It makes me wonder if Huntley will stick around. He probably won’t get the starting job this year, and it sounds like Tuttle is the future.

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

I’d say that we are a long ways from worrying about this. 

First, we have to sign Tuttle (which is put at 99%). 

Second, we will have Tuttle, Shelley and Huntley next spring. Huntley will be a JR. If he wins the job, Tuttle RS’s, then competes for the job as a sophomore. That would be ideal. 

Also, Shelley is very underrated. 

Next spring will be a battle, and the crazy thing is all three QB’s have the raw talent to win the PAC-12. 

Crazy. 

PlainsUte
        Ute Fan
        @plainsute

Is Captain Tuttle recommending that everyone buy Pioneer Aviation?  That’s what Captain Pierce said, anyway.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

The OL will be the strength of the offense, and we lost most of them to the NFL last year. Interesting.

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Yup. Either one of two things:

1- Taylor is worried about the OL and wants to instill some confidence

or

2- Last year with four OL to the NFL was not a fluke, Harding in the real deal and with the talent he has brought in, his coaching and our offense, the OL will be just fine. 

I think the answer is closer to #2. 

zeous
          Ute Fan
          @zeous

I will believe it when I see it, as always. I don’t know what the OL graded out at in pass block whrn all was said and done, but it did seem to be weaker than expected for four draftees to a pass happy NFL.

Not complaining, just saying. It will be interesting to see how things play out this fall again.

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

Here’s what’s crazy: if Troy Williams doesn’t fumble every time we are in the red one, we win the south even with our OL. 

My point? The OL was a lot better than we give it credit for. We Ute fans maybe are a little unrealistic with our expectations. 

zeous
              Ute Fan
              @zeous

No, I get that. The OL was nails, especially run game even with false-startitis. It was just the perception of pass block.

And yes… So so so close. The program has smelled and tasted the blood in the water, it is only a matter of time.

Utah
                Ute Fan
                @utah

Listening to Taylor talk about how his offense is based on Urban’s…

*chills*

LVUte
      Ute Fan
      @texute

No real secret that Harding is worth his weight in gold with OL, I just hope this Taylor guy is as good as this Taylor… Clear Eyes, Full Hearts, Can’t Lose

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

Fantastic. 

jamarcus24
        Ute Fan
        @jamarcus24

A real underappreciated fact about Eric Taylor that people often forget is that he went to three state championships in five seasons going 2-1 in those games.

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just listened to Taylor on ESPN.