Just listened to Troy Williams’ HS Coach on 1280.

Viewing 6 reply threads

UteFanatic
      Ute Fan
      @utefanatic

What a pathetic loser.  My blood was boiling during that interview.

He makes a lot of assumptions about how the coaches handled the QB situation and comes across as very bitter.  He essentially said that he plans on “speaking his mind about Utah” to any of his players who consider Utah in the future and that the coaches won’t be welcomed when they recruit at his HS.

He is basing his entire argument on the ludicrous assumption that Utah deliberately misled Williams about being the starter.

Dude needs to back the f**k off.  

KWhitt and Co know exactly what they are doing and didn’t mislead Williams.  He simply got beat out, it happens.

Anonymous
      Ute Fan
      @anonymous

Wow…he went pretty far. Not that it matters, but I wonder if Troy communicated anything to his HS coach.

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

That thought occured to me, and it’s certainly possible.  Troy is probably not very happy and may have vented to a few people, including his ex-coach.

I don’t blame him if true.  I’ve certainly been guilty of complaining about my boss when I don’t get raises/bonuses that I feel I’ve earned.

I do, however, expect a full-grown man to understand that Troy might just be emotional and think twice before spouting off to media all over the place about how Utah is scandalous.

Anonymous
          Ute Fan
          @anonymous

The only, tiny inkling I inferred was from Troy’s interview, during which he was asked why he didn’t win the role and he answered something like “I’m not sure…they didn’t tell me why”.

Oh well. I’m finished with this topic. Huntley better perform and back-up that “I’m a playmaker” phrase. I guess I’m just more of a fan of Darnold’s personality.

Puget Ute
      Ute Fan
      @pugetute

Troy Taylor built a legendary program in NoCal. He spent 14 years making connections with the other coaches. We will be just fine recruiting in that state.

Utah
      Ute Fan
      @utah

The dude has never sent anyone to Utah before…not sure this affects Utah at all. 

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

He didn’t even send Troy Williams to us. The dude sounds like he is taking something personal that has nothing to do with him. 

Utah
          Ute Fan
          @utah

Yup. Honestly, this is all so ridiculous. 

Look, it sucks to be Troy. I get that. I agree with that. It does suck. I felt bad for him all day. His dreams ended that day. 

But, maybe Troy should have played better. If he does better, ARod isn’t fired and ARod, who says Troy is a top 4 PAC-12 QB, could light the world on fire this year. 

The Bowl Game should have been magnificient. We were playing a poor Big 10 team. They had a month to prepare. Troy was healthy. Joe was trying to make a statement to scouts. Instead it sucked. 

Troy has no one to blame but himself. It’s that simple. 

Utah
            Ute Fan
            @utah

I fell asleep watching the Cal game last night. 

Our passing attack was terrible. Yes, there were drops. But Troy missed a TON of WR’s. A ton. He should have played better. Plain and simple. 

CincyUte
          Ute Fan
          @cincyute

This is true.  We were in the mix for Williams out of High School. 

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

It doesn’t matter at all.  I’m just annoyed by his attitude in general.

9 1

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

You know that scene in Dark Knight where Alfred explains that some people just wanna watch the world burn?

Well some people just want to be insufferable ^^^^(Rhymes with Bunts)

UteFanatic
        Ute Fan
        @utefanatic

So true.

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

poor word choice!!!

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

That word is EXTREMELY offensive and should be used sparingly.  In this case it is the PERFECT word for that kind of stupid behavior when a person like him goes on a local radio show completely out of his market with two other guys just like him.  

I do know that is a run on sentence and it was intentional.  

UTE98
            Ute Fan
            @ute98

I’m a father of three teenage daughters, one even comes here occasionally to read. I am not blocking you, ignoring you, and I was right there with you until the very end. I just think you could have used a different word, a bit too high on the shock meter for me. I felt it was right for me to say something, you can feel it was right to use the word, your perogative.

highlandute7
      Ute Fan
      @highlandute7

Who cares what a high school coach says, honestly. Did he also throw a fit when Peterson was hired at UW and Troy transferred? Childish.

Do we really think KW/MS/TT are concerned with what a high school coach says about a player 4-5 years removed?

Get over it.

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

As far as I can tell (google search) and remember, we were Troy’s only offer coming out of Santa Monica College. If someone knows more, please post.

I think this HS coach needs a kick in the nuts, but I might have some sympathy if Troy had turned down offers from comparable or better programs.

UteThunder
        Ute Fan
        @utethunder

I believe he also had an offer to UAB or some other obscure Sun Belt team like that.

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just listened to Troy Williams’ HS Coach on 1280.