Just voted in the new poll on the basketball team…

Viewing 1 reply thread

UtahFanSir
      Ute Fan
      @utahfansir

Given the A to F range, with some regret I voted C. I has surprised that the rating garnered the most votes. I had two issues. The first issue, despite the inflated W-L record, was that Utah was incapable of beating a very good team, with two exceptions, USC and Cal.  Utah would get close, but could not seal the deal. The loss at home in the first round of the NIT to Boise State was especially bad. That loss, right or wrong, capped off the tone for the entire season.

Utah has serious weaknesses from the perspective of being in the top of the league: guard play and deep post play. K3 did an amazing job of forging a team from ‘parts.’ But I did not think the parts made up a whole required to be more competitive. Lost of promise that did not materialize. Also, I believe there are issues with chemistry on the team. I have no idea what those are, but I just have this sense that all is not well in paradise.

I enjoyed the teams, celebrated the wins, bemoaned or made excuses for the losses. Decent season. A solid C.

utefansince79
      Ute Fan
      @utefansince79

Midterm grade for me would have been a B, but we collapsed down the stretch and I gave us a C for the overall effort.

Still will always be a Ute fan which means sticking with the team through the ups and downs.  (Lord knows those of us following football through the 70s and 80s faced a stern test of loyalty.)

Viewing 1 reply thread

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Basketball (Men) Just voted in the new poll on the basketball team…