Just watched last years BYU game…

Viewing 6 reply threads

W16Ute
      Ute Fan
      @w16ute

Battleground posted a link and I couldn’t remember a thing about last years game. Things I noticed:

Bad snaps/hand offs: low snaps, bad communication between Tyler and RBs

Penalties: almost 3x more penalty yards than BYU

Above all though… That offense looked nothing like what I’m seeing from the team now. May as well have been a different OC. That was a run Tyler first mentality. RB or throwing were an afterthought. This year’s team is way more balanced with running attack from RB first and QB when open. Throw to everywhere on the field with 7 or 8 quality targets.

Interesting to see the changes. Makes me feel pretty at ease for Saturday. (Though I understand that BYU team was just the worst)

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Carrington was the only weapon. Utah has so many passing weapons and hard covers with athletic TEs. 

utefansince79
        Ute Fan
        @utefansince79

Utah’s offense (even without Tyler and Zach) is miles ahead of last year and the defense is even stronger than last season.

jamarcus24
      Ute Fan
      @jamarcus24

And we still dominated them in every single statistical category except the scoreboard, where we couldn’t finish drives in the red zone.

I really think the game looks a lot like the CU game.  It’ll be tough to run early, we may give up a few plays here and there, but we’ll soften them up through the air and keep leaning on them as the game goes on.  As long as we don’t let their QB keep drives alive with his feet the Utes run away with this one.

SkinyUte
      Ute Fan
      @skinyute

Remember that was also Huntley’s first DI road start as well. He was still figuring it out.

1 1

javadave
      Ute Fan
      @javadave

#BenchStarters

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Shelley is A LOT better than 2017 Huntley. Rewatched it again. This game shouldn’t even be close at all. Also the overturned first TD was not a pick the DB sold it but Wilson just tried to run is route. 

EagleMountainUte
      Ute Fan
      @battlegroundute

Whitt should have kicked for points on that failed fourth and one. 22-6 three scores and it is over. Huntley and or Moss had so many problems on which way to go. The low snads haven’t been a problem this season. Shelley is way more calm and poised. I think Utah gets to 35-42 points.

UtMtBiker
        Ute Fan
        @utmtbiker

For sure! That was one of his poorer decisions in recent memory.  There aren’t a lot to choose from but I think that one had some ego involved and wasn’t very smart.  

EagleMountainUte
          Ute Fan
          @battlegroundute

I guess you could argue that it was two scores. But 16 points for TDS seemed like a lot to overcome so endzone 4 times?  Yeah right. 

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just watched last years BYU game…