Just watched the first 10 min of the USC game from last year

Viewing 2 reply threads

Utebeam
      Ute Fan
      @utebeam

So we burn 8-9 minutes in our first posstion to get a touch down. I don’t think there was a single pass. Run to the outside, run up the middle, repeat. Troy Williams runs it in for a TD. Yay, Utes are kicking ass. Then the kick return. We boot it right to Adoree Jackson. Touch down USC. Fuuuggggg…..

Haven’t re watched the rest of the game but damn I hope our new OC has some better plays to call. Not hard to figure us out when there are only three plays called.

2 1

HoosierUte
      Ute Fan
      @hoosierute

I rewatched that one a couple weeks ago too.  I think the last drive had colored my memory of the game as some exciting offensive spectacle.  Our offense was clearly in trouble and absolutely one dimensional from the get go.  After halftime, they started actually throwing the ball with some success.  The game goes to the D for sure, without all of the USC turnovers we would have been in trouble. 

Utebeam
        Ute Fan
        @utebeam

I can see the strategy of the run game with the idea of keeping the USC offense off the field. You could see their pass game was sooo much better and we had a difficult time defending it. I think if this game happened one or two weeks later in the season we would have had a loss.

Tacoma Ute
          Ute Fan
          @tacomaute

After that loss to us you could argue that USC was the best team in the nation the rest of the season. We caught them just in time.

Rick
        Ute Fan
        @rickyrules

I have watched that game at least 5 times and every time I watch it I am amazed that we actually won the game.  Without our defense and some key USC turnovers we would have gotten worked in that game.  I actually think our new Jumbotron 9000 screen helped sway the refs on replays on several occasions in that game as well.  Tim Patrick’s catch over Jackson was just icing on the cake of a very exciting game.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

We manned up and pounded them into submission on that first drive. Then we stopped doing it.  Not sure why.  Maybe they adjusted their D…

Utah
        Ute Fan
        @utah

I agree. That first drive was a f**k you to Tui’kolovatu. They attacked him and kicked his ass. 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

So this brings up the question (hopefully solved this season):  Why do we seem to stop doing what works, and do stuff that doesn’t?

Viewing 2 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Just watched the first 10 min of the USC game from last year