Kalani Sitake

Viewing 4 reply threads

RedLine
      Ute Fan
      @redline

Do you think the hire will change the rivalry at all? I’ve always liked Sitake but he’s coaching to beat us now and is full zoob at this point.

Tony (admin)
      Admin/Founder
      @admin

He seems to be the least dysfunctional zoob coach since Edwards. I’ll miss the dysfunction. He has no head coaching experience that I’m aware of. It will be interesting to see what he does. All due respect, I hope he fails miserably.

RedLine
        Ute Fan
        @redline

I’m not sold on the hire as a knockout either. He’s running a KW defense, has never head coached before, and is dealing with a Duke/ND/Texas/Auburn type entitled fanbase. Also, he’s walking into a scheduling nightmare for a first year coach. Yeah, he’s a great recruiter but the Zoob independence curse he’s going to have to recruit against.

RedLine
          Ute Fan
          @redline

Not to say anything disparaging about a KW defense but pointing to his defense success at Utah being very much under the tutelage of Whitt and his experience on his own with the Beavs being statistically terrible even though progressed by the end of the season. Successful head coaches need knowhow both sides of the ball. His experience on defense on his own (although limited) wasn’t a homerun, and his offensive abilities, well I guess time will tell.

Anonymous
      Inactive

Let’s face it, BYU’s last area of recruiting strength was the LDS kids. That’s why it was a requirement for the HC to be active LDS. Sitake will do a good job recruiting Polys. He’ll need a strong OC. They still face the issue of convincing recruits that playing an independent exhibition schedule is the way to go.

Jury is out on this hire. Hoping he raids Rodrick, so Whitt can go hire a real QB coach with prior QB playing experience.

MBAute89
      Ute Fan
      @jtbuckner

My assessment of Sitake: great recruiter, great “player’s coach”, but honestly, the jury’s still out on his coaching ability. We will find out soon enough if he can stand on his own or if his defensive success was merely a product of KW. Here’s hoping to a steep learning curve for Sitake!

89ute
      Ute Fan
      @89ute

New boss same as the old boss. He’s going to struggle like any first time coach with first time coordinators. He will be outcoached by every P5 team next year and the year after. The Sitake hire just kicks the can a little further down the road in terms of BYU hitting rock bottom. If Sitake is successful, meaning 8-10 wins (well after his first two years of course) he’s going to jump at the first P5 HC offer or good G5 gig. That puts BYU where they are now if Sitake had turned down the offer, in other works, f**ked.

RedLine
        Ute Fan
        @redline

If he were to win 8-10 in his first season, which he won’t, the expectations would never go down for him. (Kiffin 101 – coaching an entitled fan base.)

Viewing 4 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kalani Sitake