Kicking game

Viewing 5 reply threads

KiYi-Ute
      Ute Fan
      @kiyi-ute

Word around the Twittersphere is that our kicking game does not look good. After so many years of being spoiled by King Louie, Automatic Andy and that Matt Gay, it sounds like we might be in trouble this year. I wonder if Chayden getting benched last year has given him a permanent case of the yips? I hope he’s able to figure it out or Whitt has another trick up his sleeve for this season.

It sounds like Ben Lennon is strong in the punt game but the long-snapping situation may still be an issue. #KickersArePeopleToo

(Tried posting a Tweet but copying the URL from browser into the text editor doesn’t seem to work. It’s giving me an error even though I think I’m following the instructions and haven’t had issues in the past.)

snafu
      Ute Fan
      @snafu

We won’t be needing a kicker this year, except for extra points.

User Suspended
        @a2ute

F’ that.  No need for limp wristed extra points – Two point conversions EVERY. SINGLE. TIME

FtheY
      Ute Fan
      @fthey

If we don’t have a good kicking game, I believe we will see more of Riverboat Kyle.

Why is the long snapping an issue? I thought the other guy we had beat out Maddie Golden? 

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

I remember attending a few of the spring scrimmages the year after “Automatic Andy” was done. I remember thinking the same thing – the kicking was terrible that spring, at least from the 2 scrimmages that I attended. I remember Samson Nacua absolutely mocking the kickers on the sidelines as they missed kick after kick. But from that mess came Gay, and we know how that worked out. Personally, I think Whitt will get it all sorted out.

Utah5410
      Ute Fan
      @utah5410

All I know is 2 years ago. Johnson best out Gay. Therefore he must be at least decent. As long as he’s decent we will be ok.

EagleMountainUte
        Ute Fan
        @battlegroundute

He quickly lost the job missing two I believe. Utah went Gay rest his history. 

Central Coast Ute
          Ute Fan
          @flip2848

Johnson missed one, then they put it Gay. The rest is history.

EagleMountainUte
            Ute Fan
            @battlegroundute

I thought he shanked a PAT as well my mistake. Most of Gay’s “misses” have been because of the blocking or snap. 

Central Coast Ute
              Ute Fan
              @flip2848

I don’t remember the PAT. That doesn’t mean it didn’t happen though.

mfaulk80
        Ute Fan
        @mfaulk80

Word is that both Johnson and Gay were horrible in camp that year, and Johnson only beat out Gay because Gay was more atrocious than Johnson.  Gay obviously had the talent, but learned to put it together.  Johnson has had two years to figure it out, so….

Gugstanley
          Ute Fan
          @gugstanley

I watched a lot of that camp and they were both bad.  Gay got into the games and really excelled.  

BD
      Ute Fan
      @flyfisherman

Kicking wasn’t great again at today’s scrimmage. Chayden Johnson again missed a lot. He has plenty of distance though. Hopefully he can get things fixed by fall.

Viewing 5 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kicking game

• This topic has 12 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by BD.