Kickoffs are stupid… video

Viewing 3 reply threads

UTE98
      Ute Fan
      @ute98

Saw this video when checking out Weddle’s DPOW award.

Mr Chainsaw
      Ute Fan
      @mrchainsaw

I love the Schiano proposal.  Remove the kickoff and give the kicking team the ball on their own 40 with 4th and 15.  It would be so much better.

cbmute
        Ute Fan
        @cbmute

The one thing I disagreed with the video on was that kick off returns for TD are boring.  I really like the kick off return for a TD. However, they are so far and few between and every other other kick off is so exteremly boring.  He is dead on about that.   

I would also love to see the Schiano proposal.  I heard it before and wondered why it didn’t get more attention.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

However, let me counter:

UTE98
        Ute Fan
        @ute98

I’m in the crowd shot in the second one. Okay, I know where I am. But you can’t really make me out.

Kickoffs are like sailing on an ocean. 95% sheer boredom for 5% utter excitement.

And yes it was amazing to see back to back 100 yard kick returns. How many people can say they’ve seen that?

UTUTE
          Ute Fan
          @utute

Funny.  I was at the Colorado game for the back to back Reggie Dunn returns. Meaningless game but don’t get to go to many anymore and was a very fun game to watch. Wouldn’t have won without Reggie 

Tony (admin)
          Admin/Founder
          @admin

I was there!!!

TexanUte
      Ute Fan
      @texanute

In the NFL the touchback is over utilized by the kicking team. Football outsiders or one of the analytical services did analysis indicating the “mortar kick” should be utilized more often – that is where the kicker kicks it extra high but a little shorter ensuring the kick returner will not be able to take a touch back. Mortar kicks in the NFL have a preponderance of very short returns like to the 15 yard line. I wonder if it would be similar in college??

Viewing 3 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Welcome to Ute Hub Forums Utah Utes Sports Football Kickoffs are stupid… video