Kincaid

Viewing 6 reply threads

Ghost of the HEB
      Ute Fan
      @deseretgentlman

While we’ve yet to see non-Bama sources hint about him leaving, I’m still going back and forth between feeling confident he’s staying and feeling uneasy about the situation. Let’s break down the “evidence” pointing each direction.
      Signs he’s NOT leaving:
      – Was present at Utah spring game and fan meet and greets over the weekend with other Utah players
      – Has made statements about the team needing to stick together. Wanting to run it back and pick up where they left off.
      – Had a combine invite and turned it down to return to Utah/CFB. Why would he do that just to leave for whole new team/system?
      – If he is leaving, no Utah insiders or sources seem to have caught any wind yet. Would seem odd.

Signs he MIGHT be leaving:
      – Multiple Bama accounts seem very confident he is leaving Utah
      – The account that first tweeted about Kincaid and Bama has broken other similar news early before it was public — most recently with a Louisville WR who was not in the portal at the time and had just played in Louisville spring game.
      – Most recent Bama account to tweet about it is a verified checkmarked account, and also tagged Dalton in it. Why isn’t Dalton or any players refuting any of it?
      – Dalton’s tweeting since the rumors has only been about a some merch (hoodie with 86 on it). He clarified that this hoodie will only be available until this Sunday May 1, and he’ll be coming out with other stuff afterwards. Sunday May 1 also just happens to be the day the portal “closes”. Obviously could just be coincidence, but the tin foil hat in me sees that as trying to offload 86 merch before a possible number change happens due to the portal.

ironman1315
      Ute Fan
      @ironman1315

Unless it’s a grad transfer wouldn’t he burn his last year sitting?

UteDuke
      Ute Fan
      @uteduke

If this happens it will be a further sign that college football as we know it is on the way out. If a projected top-10 P5 team that is the favorite to win its conference can become a farm team, with what would amount to blatant recruiting violations, then the old era is over.

For the record, I don’t think this is going to happen, but I agree with the OP in that I have a sick feeling about it. Kincaid is a guaranteed starter and a key part of the offense who is set up to have his playing time only increase now that Kuithe has moved to WR. If a player like that can be lured away without first putting their name in the portal then I don’t know what can be said for CFB outside the top 4 teams.

UteBacker
        Ute Fan
        @utebacker

Ha.  I think you beat me to it, UteDuke.  We’re thinking the exact same thing.

Central Coast Ute
        Ute Fan
        @flip2848

No recruiting violations in the world of NIL. A booster, not the school reaches out, offers $100k and he’s gone. It’s a free for all now. And Saban was the one to warn everyone about it. He saw what was coming and he’s going to be the best one to use the new rules to his advantage.

UteBacker
      Ute Fan
      @utebacker

Great forensics, Ghost.  A few comments:

– I’d hate to lose Kincaid, but if there’s any position that can absorb a loss or injury it’s TE.

– If this turns out to be true, and Alabama can simply come in and poach one of our best players, then this truly is the beginning of the end of college football.  Let’s just let Bama, Georgia, Ohio State, and Clemson be in a four-team league and fight it out for their own little NFL sub-level championship.

– It would be hard to blame Kincaid for taking whatever it is Alabama is offering, and I’m guessing it would be a LOT.  This was what a lot of purists feared when NIL came out (the ability for Alabama to simply pay players under the guise of NIL).

concerned
      Ute Fan
      @concerned

Kincaid has denied this up and down since in broke on Friday/Saturday. Says it is bs.

Speculation this is Alabama’s way of reaching out/recruiting, to let him know that if he were to enter the protal, they would contact/recruit him.

Crazyforu
        Ute Fan
        @crazyforu

Just curious, where have you seen Kincaid directly deny this? I have heard some that know him say that it is BS, nothing from him though. While his silence no it could be a bad thing, could also just be his way of saying there is nothing to talk about, because it is total BS.

D T
      Ute Fan
      @azute1

I’d be completely shocked should DK transfer out…..Completely shocked.

UrbanLiar
      Ute Fan
      @urbanliar

I can 100% confirm it’s not happening. I’m doing a separate NIL deal with Dalton and as I mentioned yesterday I know him personally. It’s not true. Full stop.

younglurch
        Ute Fan
        @younglurch

Any idea where this is coming from? I guess it makes sense that Saban and Co. would target another TE, but to brazenly go after a guy who isn’t even in the portal to the extent that your beat writers are all picking it up is weird. 

Also, props to you for getting him an NIL deal. Wish I owned a business or more cash to throw around to keep this program on the right track. 

UrbanLiar
          Ute Fan
          @urbanliar

Dalton didn’t tell me but he laughed when I brought up the topic. He said he was going to release a statement ASAP to what I assume will be to dispel this rumor.

AZUteFan
        Ute Fan
        @azutefan

Hard to believe a guy named UrbanLiar….but in this case, In UrbanLiar we trust!

Viewing 6 reply threads

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.